GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have Ecutek on my stage 4 Gtr, not sure which version but the one where you cycle the maps via the coolant temp gauge I believe this is outdated and have been offered a free update at lichfields to the latest version,

Is the newest update alot better,
I think I get the option of pops and bangs, and rolling launch do you know any other options I will get?

Also how well does rolling launch work on a stage 4 car would I need more power?

cheers

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea V4 update is way better.. Make sure you get the new TCM maps and litchfield traction control aswel :)

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
I did mine tonight. Mine was cutting out on full boost the new file has stopped that. Very easy to do. Takes around 5 or 6 mins to flash the Engine and same again for the gearbox

No idea how to make it pop and band but launch control is MENTAL and i am only at stage 2 at the moment.

Great fun. Cant wailt till i get stage 4.25, gathering the parts now:)

Very cool feature, as you flash it the revcounter goes up as well, when it hits 7k its done. I flash cars for fun in my spare time very boring, the rev counter thing is cool and passes the time

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi there,
I have Ecutek on my stage 4 Gtr, not sure which version but the one where you cycle the maps via the coolant temp gauge I believe this is outdated and have been offered a free update at lichfields to the latest version,

cheers
Doesn't V4 ecuTEK use this method via coolant & CC button?

Also, what are the TCM maps?

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Doesn't V4 ecuTEK use this method via coolant & CC button?

Also, what are the TCM maps?
yes, still the same re coolant.

no idea really re TCM. its hard to find a "how to" on all the features.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Its all explained very clearly on Litchfield website.. All the features are listed..

Litchfield Version 4 Racerom Remaps - Litchfield Motors

The new TCM maps basically gives you better response when transmission is set to R mode or what litchfield call 'Super R mode'

"With EcuTek defining more of the Transmission maps we are now able to make changes to the settings to allow quicker gear changes and acceleration when in R-Mode. We have also changed the automatic shift points to aid a smoother town driving experience. Previously the GTR would be very quick to change up into higher gears (for emissions reasons) which could make the engine feel laboured at low revs."

·
Registered
991 Posts
Its all explained very clearly on Litchfield website.. All the features are listed..
Previously the GTR would be very quick to change up into higher gears (for emissions reasons) which could make the engine feel laboured at low revs."
i can confirm that statement, feels weird at the moment I am so used to it changing up the gears immediately, now it holds onto them a good bit longer

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thankyou think I will be getting this done:)

Does rolling launch work well?
also they said I can get pops and bangs fitted? is this just a rich overrun?

cheers
Rolling launch is a blast.
Pops and bangs just puts a bit more fuel in on the overrun.

Enable the map with pops and bangs feature rev to about 5 - 6k and then feather the throttle slightly on overrun to release flames. Works best in 2nd 3rd and 4th gears.

Only problem is the car runs a bit lumpy in this mode and that's why they normally add it to a user selectable map.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've been wanting to get mine updated since Ian announced it.
Problem is I never seem to have the time to go down there to get it done.

I don't suppose there's anyone in or around Northampton that will give me a lend of their cable so I can load the map on and send Ian the trace and load the tweaked map back on?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've been wanting to get mine updated since Ian announced it.
Problem is I never seem to have the time to go down there to get it done.

I don't suppose there's anyone in or around Northampton that will give me a lend of their cable so I can load the map on and send Ian the trace and load the tweaked map back on?
Buy a cable you tight git:chuckle:

one for sale in the sale section for £190. Hours of fun not to mention remap at your leisure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts