GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
will be cool to see a Renault super sports car with a claimed Nissan engine.
I think it's gonna have a Nissan engine and Renault will tell the world they produced it . . like the bad a$$es claimed they produced the VQ30DE inside the Avantime . . . because of that, the 350Z was claimed having a Renault produced engine for some time in the EU-Press . . . . monkeys:mad:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Comes with Nissan supplied VQ35DETT, 420 HP and 413 lb-ft.
Oh gaud.... I just hope they dont do that to the engine.

NISSAN ARE YOU LISTENING... 420 HP IS NOT ENOUGH (!)

Sure the original R34 GT-R had only 330hp (ok 280hp officially) but even the Z-Tune had 550hp (and with tuning and boost increases it was capable of 650hp if you ignored the emissions regs!)

BUT...

The market has moved on. Even the Ferrari 360 with its all aluminium chassis feels underpowered these days, I should know I drive one. The F430 corrects this, however what I am trying to say is that the new benchmark is 500hp MINIMUM.. I hope they've been reading EVO this year you'll see almost every new cars (not even sportscar, saloons, estates, etc. eg.M6 coupe has over 500hp, new bogo M3 has 400hp) so basically every warm saloon boasts at the min 400+ these days, i.e. its just not special. If they go for just 420 hp they'll need less than 1200kg's. The new GT-R needs 480hp-500hp MIN!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Oh gaud.... I just hope they dont do that to the engine.

NISSAN ARE YOU LISTENING... 420 HP IS NOT ENOUGH (!)

Sure the original R34 GT-R had only 330hp (ok 280hp officially) but even the Z-Tune had 550hp (and with tuning and boost increases it was capable of 650hp if you ignored the emissions regs!)
I agree with you, if it doesnt have 500+bhp I think it will simply sink into the river of cars with around 400bhp. Its gonna need more to stand out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts