GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...
After reading some texts, really not sure about this anymore...
I have never launched my car...
But I would like to try it maybe...
Some say that CBA cars (if COBB is installed) can only be launched with VDC OFF map (LC5 and LC4).
First of all, is this true?
So, if I install stock style LC5 map, my CBA car cannot be launched??
Second, does it mean that the CBA car can only be launched with VDC set to OFF? (When cobb TCM software is installed).
Or it can then be launched with both RRR and RROff setup?
When car is stock, I believe it can be launched in RRR.
Has someone tried this and can someone answer this from his own experience?
Thanx in advance

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi, LC5 with vdc on launches then traction controll kills its - Lc5 vdc off launches fine 4500rpm on a euro 2009 gtr
But I understood that LC5 stock style map doesn't let the CBA cars launch... (that launch cannot be engaged)
I understood that CBA cars need to have LC5 VDC OFF map to enable launch (when COBB is installed)...
So you are telling that LC5 stock style map lauches just fine, when used on CBA cars?
Maybe someone from COBB could answer this...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
But I understood that LC5 stock style map doesn't let the CBA cars launch... (that launch cannot be engaged)
I understood that CBA cars need to have LC5 VDC OFF map to enable launch (when COBB is installed)...
So you are telling that LC5 stock style map lauches just fine, when used on CBA cars?
Maybe someone from COBB could answer this...
It does launch with vdc on but dies due to the traction controll kicking in - if you want to use launch you want lc5 vdc off - think i am using v103 map - i wont be launching mine again as seems quite harsh on the gearbox - car creeps forward then you get a clunk ( guessing clutches locking ) and away you go :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok...now it is clearer...
And am I able to put everything in R-R-R, and launch it that way, although I installed VDC OFF map?
Or with VDC OFF map, I have to put th ebuttons to R-R-Off...
Does traction control also kill the launch when the car is stock? (it has LC2 then...)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Not tried RRR with vdc off map - i have R-C-OFF With vdc off map launch is 4500revs but now you can adjust it to launch at any revs with your cobb

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not tried RRR with vdc off map - i have R-C-OFF With vdc off map launch is 4500revs but now you can adjust it to launch at any revs with your cobb
Thought that the original settings were - launch at 4000 RPM...
I need to check this, I don't wan't to kill my tranny:flame:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Out of the box, the cobb will have LC5 launching at 3000rpm, but this can be altered on the COBB.

Once you have LC5 installed, as long as you brake and throttle at the same time from a pull off it will launch as best it can regardless of the switches, but what you will find is if you have VDC on, the traction control will cut the power almost straight away because of loss of grip.

Hope this helps, if not you can PM me.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Out of the box, the cobb will have LC5 launching at 3000rpm, but this can be altered on the COBB.

Once you have LC5 installed, as long as you brake and throttle at the same time from a pull off it will launch as best it can regardless of the switches, but what you will find is if you have VDC on, the traction control will cut the power almost straight away because of loss of grip.

Hope this helps, if not you can PM me.
COBB Tuning, v103.00 -- Includes MY13/USDM14 update from 38B0B. Stock Launch (4100 RPM) taken from map notes - euro 2009 cars launch at 4500rpm

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, but what is STOCK LC5 launch RPM?
On a MY12 car...?
I have v.102 - LC5 with VDC OFF (didn't like the v.103 version MY13/USDM14 update from 38B0B)

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
let me put my typing mitts on...

With it's platform revision for the USMY2012 GT-R, Nissan publicly announced a new, dedicated, Launch Control. This system called "R Mode Start" (what we term as LC4), is engaged by having the GT-R in Manual+R transmission and VDC settings . It enables a 4,000rpm launch that is reliable and consistent. It is more aggressive than any of the prior Launch Controls except LC1 and is as reliable as LC1. It can be used up to four times in a row before the GT-R must be driven for over a mile for the computer to allow additional launches. On an unmodified GT-R, it is widely viewed as the fastest Launch Control system to date. With the addition of 50 more horsepower, DBA-R35 GT-Rs can achieve 0-60mph times in under 3.0 seconds. At a drag strip, 1.6 60' times are common. It is fully warrantied by Nissan.

For MY2013 the GTR tweaked "R Mode Start" with a slightly different clutch engagement becoming the 5th iteration of Launch Control on the GTR (now LC5)
*Note that with all launch control systems, certain requirements must be met including minimum and maximum transmission temperatures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts