GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 13 plate gtr stock.

i have done around 4-5 launches no problem in the last 6 months.

i use r-r-r auto every time.

today i did it. r-r-r-auto and the power dropped. it got off quick but before going into second gear the power dropped for around 1 second then boomed back on. it did wheel spin but its never affected the power before. even had it spinning all the way up the road before with no problems.

i then tried it in manual it got very good grip but had the same powder drop.

i repeated the r-r-r auto again and yet again power drop. but also this time it didn't change bloody gear! stuck in second gear so released the power for 3-4 seconds the whacked it back on and was fine.

the car drives perfect in auto and manual when blasting it around. its just when doing launch

anyone no why the power drop?

and no why it didn't change gear?

i have attached 3 video attempts.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
added 2 more vids.

i was thinking its the traction. but not sure. well it never use to happen even when spinning all way up the road. traction never made it drop back :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will go find some new tarmac tomz and try it. will also try it in the wet. as once when i did it in wet it was spinning up to about 70 none stop traction didn't cut no power! and when done it other times its been bone dry and warm meaning full grip and was perfect!

so maybe it was the tc interrupting like it was confused lol was kinda in-between dry and wet

·
Vendor
6,199 Posts
That's the traction control kicking in, you need the Litchfield traction control mapped in, it's much better than the stock crap

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may do.

But! It's never happened before in wet or dry.

Unless the car had developed a problem hence needing a map?

·
Vendor
6,199 Posts
I may do.

But! It's never happened before in wet or dry.

Unless the car had developed a problem hence needing a map?
Cold weather prevents the tyres from gripping aswell as they normally would, if you turn off the Traction control and try the same thing yourl it'll spin stupidly... But please don't try it in the same place go somewhere open and safe incase the backend decides to go walkies

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
What tyre pressures are you running?
What were the oil/trans temps etc hot?
how much tread do you have on the tyres? what tyres dunlops?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wouldn't expect R-Mode start to cut power in those conditions. I've launched in much worse conditions than your video looks (heavy rain), and I get wheelspin, but never a power drop.

The only time I've had R-Mode start cut power like yours is on snow. Example: https://youtu.be/5FFy9cGU-g4

So your R-Mode start does seem to be cutting power correctly, but the question is why does it think it needs to? If it doesn't correct itself, I'd get it checked out.

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Looking at the conditions, provided you are in RRR, then there is no regular reason for the traction cutting on like that - I can only assume it's your car cutting in to try and compensate for you launching like an utter twat down that residential street outside what I assume is your house. You complete pleb.

So I would recommend the following:

1) Don't do it there
2) Try it in RCR
3) Try it in RC OFF
4) report back

1 - 20 of 60 Posts