GTR Forum banner

launch control fail help? with video

4K views 59 replies 17 participants last post by  evogeof 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a 13 plate gtr stock.

i have done around 4-5 launches no problem in the last 6 months.

i use r-r-r auto every time.

today i did it. r-r-r-auto and the power dropped. it got off quick but before going into second gear the power dropped for around 1 second then boomed back on. it did wheel spin but its never affected the power before. even had it spinning all the way up the road before with no problems.

i then tried it in manual it got very good grip but had the same powder drop.

i repeated the r-r-r auto again and yet again power drop. but also this time it didn't change bloody gear! stuck in second gear so released the power for 3-4 seconds the whacked it back on and was fine.

the car drives perfect in auto and manual when blasting it around. its just when doing launch

anyone no why the power drop?

and no why it didn't change gear?

i have attached 3 video attempts.

Attachments

See less See more
#45 ·
Think you have seen my EVO from the mlr, no neons, stickers or any of that tat just wheels and carbon.

But now there are plenty of race threads and I raced this and that, chav spelling, bad language. You get my drift Geoff (no pun intended) as performance cars become more affordable they become available to a wider range of... ahem people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.