GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying out the launch control today but never quite got it to work tried it a few times with the same result. It took off and accelerated hard to start with, but at around 6k rpm in first gear it paused and waited a second or so until continuing. The traction control light in the dash was on so I suspect that it was responsible for the "pause". I had all three toggles in race mode (also tried one with suspension in comfort but same result).

When I tried to do a launch with the traction control switched off it didn't want to rev up like it should.

The car is a MY2012 with Litchfield stage 1 ecu.

Any thoughts?
thanks
Fred

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
when was the stage 1 done?

You really need the racerom phase 4 ecutek with motorsport options.

It includes the litchfield traction control in three of the four maps that responds quicker than the stock without cutting the throttle and so prevents the stock system having the chance to cut in.

Failing that it also gives you the option of launch with the VDC in the off position, which clearly your current version doesn't have.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when was the stage 1 done?

You really need the racerom phase 4 ecutek with motorsport options.

It includes the litchfield traction control in three of the four maps that responds quicker than the stock without cutting the throttle and so prevents the stock system having the chance to cut in.

Failing that it also gives you the option of launch with the VDC in the off position, which clearly your current version doesn't have.
Maybe I should give Iain a call to talk about it...

I have been running it on the 99 map (using shell v-power nitro)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Must say I thought even with v3 you could launch with it in off mode? Sure that's what I did when trying launch for the first time.

I'm no where near my motor and have the a really bad internet connection so finding the u tube clip I had booked marked isn't working lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
hmm best speak to iain about it.. it should launch regardless.. Although it would have been best if u paid a bit extra to get the motorsport rom + super R mode TCM map..

I had the opposite issue when i recently launched mine lol.. wheelspinned all the way up to 60 like crazy :p..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts