GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2009 mk1 GT-R in September of that year. Shiny and brand new.
I resisted the temptation to mod for two and a half years, and 16k miles. Then came a Cobb stage 1, mild but interesting.
I've not been on a track with her yet, and until today, 4 years after purchase and 22k miles with a distinctly unrefined gear selection issue, I launched it. Twice!!!

All I can say is Jesus Christ!!!!! :D
F#%K ME!!!!

It's like that little switch that makes a red light come on, is actually the blade that stabbed the rat!!! And the videos on youTit don't do it justice either. It's much more ferocious in the flesh.

Trouble is, I won't be able to not launch it now. It's like sex!!! You try not doing it for a day!!! :D

Bring it!!

:bowdown1:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh no, hope I don't get thoughts of launch control when next bed romping...that would be over far too soon.

I made a slow motion video (LC...not sex) and was surprised how much the rear wheels spin compared to the fronts. Was a crappy road surface though.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Oh no, hope I don't get thoughts of launch control when next bed romping...that would be over far too soon.

I made a slow motion video (LC...not sex) and was surprised how much the rear wheels spin compared to the fronts. Was a crappy road surface though.

Great vid, what tyres do you have fitted?

·
Registered
341 Posts
That would have been in RRR, not sure which version of LC...can't remember if i'd flashed it before making the video or not.

Seriously though, that road is more like a gravel track than anything else.

Interestingly, it went for a service not long ago at Exeter and now it won't launch at all so I guess they kindly changed the TCM for me.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I find no matter where ive tried to launch there is just too much wheelspin. Its fun when you launch the car and it has bad traction and you can feel the rear end going sideways. The only time ive had a great launch is at santa pod where the track is sticky and had no wheelspin at all which was great.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I find no matter where ive tried to launch there is just too much wheelspin. Its fun when you launch the car and it has bad traction and you can feel the rear end going sideways. The only time ive had a great launch is at santa pod where the track is sticky and had no wheelspin at all which was great.
Try the new EcuTek boost off the line LC, much better hook up with less spin and no fear of going sideways into the hedge. Bridgestones aren't the gripiest tyres either, R888 or MPSS are much better.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cobb LC5 2013 flavour on mine, and it didn't spin the wheels, except for the initial chirp to determine the available grip. Then it just exploded, and I looked like this :D

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was in auto, and R-C-R. I'll be playing, when we get some dry weather. I'm thinking about getting some Hankook tyres in 315/35R20 and 275/40R20. If they fit under the arches, I reckon they'll be great at off the line. And only £712 a set. Bye bye run flats.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, all good. Y rated for speed and load is 110 rear and 106 front.
I want to see them in the flesh before buying, which is a lot harder than I thought. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
Why mess with cheap tyres and your life on a Super car?

Can never understand that mentality?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts