GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can we launch the gtr i noticed i had my foot on the brake the other day and touched the throtle and it didnt engage drive

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Eh??

LC2 requires you to put the car into drive (the selector is still manually operated from P to N to D.....) press down on the brake, then stomp on the throttle.

Never used it myself, but many say it's hard to achieve.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
You have to brake really hard with your left foot. If you select "brake pedal" on your MFD, it needs to be at 100%.

Then floor the accelerator with your right foot, revs will rise to an uninspiring 2,800rpm or so, then lift off the brake and it will "launch".

Most of my best 0-60 times have been achieved merely by mashing the throttle from a dead stop, so LC2 is not that useful.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You have to brake really hard with your left foot. If you select "brake pedal" on your MFD, it needs to be at 100%.

Then floor the accelerator with your right foot, revs will rise to an uninspiring 2,800rpm or so, then lift off the brake and it will "launch".

Most of my best 0-60 times have been achieved merely by mashing the throttle from a dead stop, so LC2 is not that useful.
I take it mashing it in RRR mode? A or M ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so left foot on the brake full throttle all switches in R and let off the brake will this void my warranty ?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
No.

Warranty was only ever an issue with VDC set to off.

Even that has been cleared up now. Having VDC does not automatically void your warranty anymore.

A search of this forum will reveal much that has been said on this subject......

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm going to have to play with this... it sound damn good fun but I've never had the space or I've been running in. Three R's are scary enough on the road.

·
Registered
535 Posts
would it not be quicker in R-Comf-Off?? I thought with the suspension being softer, the traction would be better?

·
Registered
220 Posts
David that's because Yanks all weight 400lbs and no matter what the suspension setting is at the damn thing is on it's dampers when they're sat in the car!!!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

(To any American readers, this is a lighthearted JOKE and it is not necessary to respond agressively. It's just a bit of fun ok!?):cool:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Well as I said in my thread "No I didn't" I was in "comfort" mode, fully Auto, No "R" modes and did a 0 - 60 in 4 sec's dead and to 100 in 9

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yes and those are the slowest figures ever recorded by an R35, so I'd stop going on about it if I were you Steve... :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
aint bad for a out of the box non drag artist, however, I know you are in your box and a perfect drag artist !! LOL :runaway:

·
Registered
65 Posts
surely the point of this car is the fun you can have in the corners?

So enough from the "drag queens" we want to hear of your exploits as "benders".

Er no, hang on, we dont want to hear anything like that! :nervous:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well as I said in my thread "No I didn't" I was in "comfort" mode, fully Auto, No "R" modes and did a 0 - 60 in 4 sec's dead and to 100 in 9
To be fair, I've bettered that time on a fully wet road when I first got the car.
I'm no drag queen and with this car you really do not need to be :)

So, how are you all measuring the times? Does the computer do it for you or are you doing it manually?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
No, my time was measured by proper gear attached to the car, where as I expect yours was done by your mickey mouse watch !! LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts