GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LC4 Clutch Gear Learning & Touch Point Adjustments

We have released a small update for the GT-R AccessPORT ( AP-NIS-006 Alpha Firmware). This update includes the promised LC4 Clutch Gear Learning and Touch Point Adjustments feature. To obtain this update please follow the below update instructions (or if you already running alpha firmware just update again):

Alpha Firmware Version #: 1.6.5.1-3275 (AP-NIS-005 & AP-NIS-006)

1. Run AccessPORT Manager
2. Go to the "Options" Tab.
3. Copy the "Options" configuration from the below screen shot.

4. Go to "Updates"
5. Update your AccessPORT
6. Once you've updated your AccessPORT you should be on version # 1.6.5.1-3275

Sorry this took so long Nissan decided to throw in a new security algorithm

Hopefully next week we will have finished our testing and i can etune out adjustable LC, new anti theft modes and more for anyone who wants their current maps updated

Ben

·
Registered
737 Posts
LC4 Clutch Gear Learning & Touch Point Adjustments

We have released a small update for the GT-R AccessPORT ( AP-NIS-006 Alpha Firmware). This update includes the promised LC4 Clutch Gear Learning and Touch Point Adjustments feature. To obtain this update please follow the below update instructions (or if you already running alpha firmware just update again):

Alpha Firmware Version #: 1.6.5.1-3275 (AP-NIS-005 & AP-NIS-006)

1. Run AccessPORT Manager
2. Go to the "Options" Tab.
3. Copy the "Options" configuration from the below screen shot.

4. Go to "Updates"
5. Update your AccessPORT
6. Once you've updated your AccessPORT you should be on version # 1.6.5.1-3275

Sorry this took so long Nissan decided to throw in a new security algorithm

Hopefully next week we will have finished our testing and i can etune out adjustable LC, new anti theft modes and more for anyone who wants their current maps updated

Ben
Ben,

Great news will download tonight, and can't wait for the adjustable LC !

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Ben, very good news! do you know how long the wait will have to be for the online NIS005 to NIS006 upgrade?

·
Registered
207 Posts
005 to 006 upgrade

Is this change going to happen soon or a reasonable path provided to upgrade the units

As my thinking is that if this doesn't happen soon then I will move to Ecutek - based on what seems like a better service

·
Registered
986 Posts
Great stuff Ben, and well done Cobb, can't wait to see some real world 0-60 times for stage2, 650r and above with the new adjustable maps:chuckle:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben,

Great news will download tonight, and can't wait for the adjustable LC !
If you haven't done relearns before its recommend to first set the CC/TP to 0-0, allow trans to get to operating temp then proceed to relearn then set your LC4 settings as you like...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this change going to happen soon or a reasonable path provided to upgrade the units

As my thinking is that if this doesn't happen soon then I will move to Ecutek - based on what seems like a better service
online should be any week now, but we have been upgrading NIS005 to NIS006 since 2009 manually just needs sending to us

·
Registered
207 Posts
Will the online upgrade path be communicated when available as i'm eager to have the new software update.

What's the cost/ time of the manual update from 005 to 006 ?

Thanks Benji

·
Registered
3,517 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Nice update Ben will get it on at the weekend....great work from all the team.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Again top stuff from Joe and his little helpers at Cobb.

Wont be long for adjustable launch me thinks.... :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
6k....Bobel let me know how you get on:runaway:
I'll bring a dustpan and brush to pick up the pieces :chuckle:

Has anyone launched a 650r on LC4 yet...? Just wondering what the results have been like!!

Not a launcher myself but would like to have a map on there that I know would reliably do the business should the need arise!! Have a 0 boost 1st gear map From Ben iirc but not tried it, I'd imagine the new adjustments may lead to being able to perfect it though.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
As I posted on NAGTROC, I updated this today, but I forgot to check first whether CC and TP were set to 0, but seeing as we haven't been able to adjust them since LC4 software came out, I hope they were?

Anyway, the take up is smoother and creep far more agreeable. It creeps gently without you having to really stand on the brakes to keep the car still like before the gear relearn.
Changes are smoother and much more like the DBAs I've driven.

So well done Cobb and thanks for the update! Highly recommended. :bowdown1:

Now to get adjustable launch rpm and genuine DBA launch characteristics... :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'll bring a dustpan and brush to pick up the pieces :chuckle:

Has anyone launched a 650r on LC4 yet...? Just wondering what the results have been like!!

Not a launcher myself but would like to have a map on there that I know would reliably do the business should the need arise!! Have a 0 boost 1st gear map From Ben iirc but not tried it, I'd imagine the new adjustments may lead to being able to perfect it though.
I tried the previous version in RRR mode. Suspect my car is around 620 or so. It (is this correct English?0 buckled. It went of, then believe the VDC kicked in, so rpm dropped below 2000 and then it picked uo again. Didnt bother measuring times as it was no good. Hope this will be netter.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I tried the previous version in RRR mode. Suspect my car is around 620 or so. It (is this correct English?0 buckled. It went of, then believe the VDC kicked in, so rpm dropped below 2000 and then it picked uo again. Didnt bother measuring times as it was no good. Hope this will be netter.
I have launched my 650r from tarred surface from parking area with loose road dressing on top in RRR with wet road surface. Fantastic!
Tried it on a damp or dry surface, waste of time.

Looking forward to DBA characteristics.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks Ben, this is brilliant.
LC4 gearbox update on a CBA-R35 really is like driving a completely different car, I appreciate the tremendous improvement and now we have the additional functionality again.

Looking forward to adjustable LC!

Protegimus

1 - 20 of 131 Posts