GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Ben, the LC4 and LC5 maps still have the engine revving to around 2k+ on start up. Are there any moves afoot to modify the ECU maps to setlle this down a tad?

Cheers ;)

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Just got an email from Ben with a reduced idle ECU map.

Great service as ever with no running around to different places.

God bless Ben and Cobb

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Just flashed updated ECU map and cold idle is OEM-like.

Thanks Ben, top service!

Much much easier doing this myself than having to drive to a tuner.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Thanks Ben, top service!

Love the 2000 RPM startup, somebody needs to wake the neighboors up no?:smokin:

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Map 0, schmap 0.....

Never catch me on a low boost setting! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
3,665 Posts
Guys, now that we have both the Cobb and Ecutek GTR software I have noticed that it doesn't matter what Launch RPM you dial into the LC the car will not give you any more throttle than it needs to make the launch RPM.

It will not wind throttle in until the car is moving , so effectively the car will never leave with any +boost as the ECU will not give the car enough throttle to make any boost.

That's why ECU's like the Syvecs and Motec will give such a more aggressive launch.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

Thanks Ben, top service!

Your not kidding! I'm loving the Cobb updates and remember the bad old days of mapping when I had the Supra and drove too and from my tuners to keep getting it tweaked!

Although saying that I'm going to get Rod @ RB to do me a high boost map :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Guys, now that we have both the Cobb and Ecutek GTR software I have noticed that it doesn't matter what Launch RPM you dial into the LC the car will not give you any more throttle than it needs to make the launch RPM.

It will not wind throttle in until the car is moving , so effectively the car will never leave with any +boost as the ECU will not give the car enough throttle to make any boost.

That's why ECU's like the Syvecs and Motec will give such a more aggressive launch.
Looking back it was last April when I developed full throttle staging and it worked (using Cobb), although my tester found that it just roasted his tyres and his gearbox started slipping after but a learn fixed that. Things can take a long time to get from development to release for sure, but since then a few pieces of the puzzle have dropped into place that make this viable, and before I left Cobb and after I've made sure they have all the info to implement this.

I think only the best built transmissions should go anywhere near this sort of launch and even then it will break any weak part in the drivetrain if used to the potential that the engine could manage combined with proper rubber.

3,665 Posts
Thistle,

didn't know that , I was just looking at some logs and speaking To Tony @ T1 the other day with regards launch control and after market ECU's like Syvecs and Motec Launch control;

from what I have heard thou running full launch control has been known to rip the diff off of the main transmission case.

Mark

Looking back it was last April when I developed full throttle staging and it worked (using Cobb), although my tester found that it just roasted his tyres and his gearbox started slipping after but a learn fixed that. Things can take a long time to get from development to release for sure, but since then a few pieces of the puzzle have dropped into place that make this viable, and before I left Cobb and after I've made sure they have all the info to implement this.

I think only the best built transmissions should go anywhere near this sort of launch and even then it will break any weak part in the drivetrain if used to the potential that the engine could manage combined with proper rubber.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ben, to install LC5 you only need to update AP with latest alpha software, uninstall the AP and re-install which map to the tcm?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Ben, Checked on APM and it says I have the latest firmware already (AP-NIS-006 v1.6.5.1-3275) What version do you have?
Had this version, just done latest update now & have - AP-NIS-006 v1.6.5.1-3702. Is this correct or have i done something wrong?

If correct, what i have got different?
What do i do with it?

61 - 80 of 131 Posts