GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bit of an absence from La Sarthe :(
plans for 2002 have begun.
Just wondering if the club was planning the Pilgrimige or wthether it would be individuals making their own way over there and catching up when there.
Here is a link to Page & Moy for their holidays and where you can book up...
http://host168.page-moy.co.uk/motorracing/itv-f1/scripts/tour/lemans/index.idc

Keep me posted and hope to see some of you there.

Nick

·
Registered
41 Posts
Le Mans

I'll definitely be there again (fourth year in a row), although this time I'm aiming not to do the return journey in the back of of a breakdown truck...

Ian - Agreed about the weather - I'll be waterproofing the tent more effectively this year

Phil

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Le MAns 2002

I'll been going for 6 years now, and will probably be going again this year.

Bit early for me to organise things though. I normally camp,
and so just have to book a ferry, turn up and camp right at the circuit.

Mind you, I too will be hoping for 2000 sun :D :D , rather than 2001 mud!:( :(

Maybe we could have a convoy there.;) ;) :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Le mans

Scott not a bad idea, if we organise the tent allocations all together we could have a GT-R on tour convoy and pi55 up...Great!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
GT-R Camp site

My mate goes with the TVR club every year.

I can find out how the book an allocated area up.

Other than that, I normally go thursdays, its emptly then
and easy to stake off and area for yourselves.;) :D :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TVR club

A mate of mine has just bought a 4.5 cerby and he wants me to go over with them all next year. Maybe we can tag along as they are a good bunch in the TVR club and have a few skylines in the pack. Keep you posted.
Waiting for glen to post as I know we have talked about this before.
I wentone year and saw a general car club...the convoy included porkers, cossies, scoobies and FIVE BLACK LAMBO COUNTACHES in a row. Quite a sight and sound. Black lines everywhere!!
So it is a deifinte at least for now. I have asked one of the org companies to send me some brochures with all the booking details for ferry and acc.
We may be able to get a good space together on this.

Nick

PS now news on the prices yet for C shift and other bits.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That is the nuts camp site!

Scott that camp site is the one I stayed in for the very hot (100 deg) 2000 tour. its a small walk behind the village over the indy circuit. It has allocated pitches and warm showers, clean loos.

The TVR clubs from all over the country had about 50+ cars there!!

If you get the name it is well worth booking, in fact pass the name on to me please....thats me for 2002!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Count me in !! :smokin:

I've been trying to organise a convoy with some mates but most of them have chickened out already :D

The bigger the group the better.

Let me know the dates and cost etc and I'm there :smokin: :smokin:

Is everybody taking passengers or is this a solo event ??

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ian/Jez/all

I will have a chat to my man about where the TVR club is going to be and what the name of the campsite is.
I found a map of the circuit on the Page & Moy website, under motorsport events. See f I can find the name of the good site as some of them are rubbish for ammenities. Don't want to be too minging as there is a great little club I went to in Le Mans:D :p
Anyway let's keep this going and get sorted as soon as we can. I tlooks as if bookings will start early 2002.
Is Mark at Abbey working for any teams over there this year? Pit entrance surely for those big spenders with him???:)
Passengers are welcome as it makes it cheaper per head. I will be taking one mate. Not too many though as don't want to be slowed down too much!
Nick

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Booking

Nick,

I only ever book the crossing in advance.

Camping and entrance I get once there.

Normally in camping Bleu, as its only 2 mins walk to the track.

But its not the flashest camping area but you don't have to book.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CAMP SITE

Guys.
Update from Trevor land.
The campsite to be in is called HAUT campsite and this is the one with the showers and all the cars. All the TVR boys are going to be there so it could be a real party.
The costs will be about 500FF for the weekend for car and tent (about 50 squids)
There are about 40 TVRs going down, and I hear the Ferrari club is tagging along.
What is the best crossing route? Ferry? Tunnel?
Why don't we look into this and make some good suggestions.
I am well up for it and I am sure you are.
Nick

·
Registered
338 Posts
Excellent Work :D :D

I will try to get a co-pilot :p

I agree, the sooner we get this organised and booked the better as I think the ferries get booked up pretty early for this.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'll be up for this aswell.

I dont think ferry's will be as much as a problem as getting a campsite. Last time I went I just slept in the car for a couple of days :eek: wasnt the best, and it would definatly be better to have a nice campsite.

Keep me informed on progress
Lee

·
Registered
41 Posts
Le Mans

Camping is essential - I can still taste those delicious burnt Carrefour sausages... only the finest horse gristle in those...

Have stayed in Houx Annexe (bit of a riot at night, but some of the most offensive lavatories I have ever come across), Maison Blanche (lots of anal owner's-club types telling you to get off "their" patch) and Camping Bleu (good crowd, lavatories/showers almost bearable).

Camping tickets for the more popular sites are generally gone within a week or so of going on sale to ACO members, and ferries and the tunnel get very busy for the popular crossing dates. I've always managed to locate camping tickets via the bulletin board at www.club-arnage.com .

·
Registered
338 Posts
Any progress on booking stuff for this yet ???

Can't wait to go, I've heard it's one great big party !! :smokin:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yep, I'm going

I usually stay in hotels when I go. If anyone wants to tag along I'll be going with a few friends with Westfields and others with classic cars. I'll let you know which hotels in a few weeks if you like. I think Glen is coming too (to Le Mans I mean, not with me).

James

p.s. I usually find the drive there more fun than the race. I know some awesome roads there if you want to do like I do and take B roads all the way!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. It seems a lot of people have information but someone still needs to do the organising. I've never been but will be definately up for this year's. Has anyone started to pull things together yet?

Who's going?

John

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fugs et al...

I have got a place at the Haute campsite through a friend in the TVR club. He done this and reserved enough for 2 cars. But I may not take this if we get our acts together.
I will get in touch with him for details of how to book for the campsite.
Only trouble is we need definite numbers as it starts to get expesnive if you fork out for others.
If we get the details then can you all be trusted to book your own spots or can we get numbers toegterh and block a space out?
Should get details through from Page & Moy soon about their tours so we should have that as an option too. I have used them before and very good.
Nick.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nick,

You can definitely count me in :D

Just let me know what you are booking and what I need to book myself.

Hope the hunt for a new 33 is succesfull !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts