Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going?

Missus and I would love to go, but not huge fans of camping (dont have any kit)... So where is good to stay? Looking for places now and wow they are pricey!!

Whats everyone elses plans?

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
You may well have trouble finding accomodation. Le Mans books out fast!

My party are staying at Tetre Rouge this year.

I wondering if we could have a GTR Arnage Breakfast Club meeting perhaps? Might be the only time quiet enough to actually be able to meet up somewhere!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
bloody hell!!! How far in advance do you book?
I try to book as soon as the allocations are available. November I think (might be October, last year was a long time ago...).

Many people have yearly bookings with the tour operators and places direct from the ACO are becoming harder and harder to secure.

As the years have gone by the event has become more and more organised/commericalised. I beleive that demand is rising but yet there are only so many places you can book.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
So Cris's party includes me and Fuggles, should we plan a meetup?

Perhaps even a beer or two at our camp site

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
We're going with a few gtr's and various other toys!
;)
Bob

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
so we should get a list, we might be able to get into the pits to see ZEOD if we ask nicely

need a list of exec members going?

Also how about a beer meetup in one of the bars?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Been a long time since I was on the forum......

But I will be going _ In the car park between the airport and the track - behind the ferris wheel.

Also going to try and get to the track Friday morning as there is usually a session when you can walk the pits and look at the cars.

Some may remember that my 09 was stolen - anyway I have a 63 to ease my pain. Its still as new - Litchfield works to follow.

Very happy to meet up any time.

Andy M

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
we should setup a time and place to meet Andy and anybody else!

Cris when and where?

R

·
Registered
342 Posts
A couple of suggestions (but open to any opportunity to meet up)

Saturday Evening best for drinking as I wont have to drive anymore that day.

We had a good visit to the Delta wing pit a couple of years ago too on the Sunday morning.

Can anyone get us in to the big Nissan hospitality centre. I am going to ask my dealer!

Regards
Andy

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
we should setup a time and place to meet Andy and anybody else!

Cris when and where?

R
I'm thinking two opportunities:

Driving Meet - Arnage Breakfast club (perhaps with these t-shirts -http://www.slickattire.com/arnage_shirt.htm)

Appreciating that many won't want to do that then two thoughts do suggest themselves:

Friday for the drivers parade or Saturday afternoon. Drivers parade will be obvious to anyone who knows me (and my habits) but maybe on Sat evening we could have a GTROC funfair night. Say kick off with a drink or two and then have a couple of competative events, perhaps go-karts and shooting? Both of those must be banned at some pointin the future as the event becomes more Health and Saefty compliant so now seems the time to fill your boots. Once the competition is done we could retire to have another drink or so and a grand marnier crepe...

·
Registered
342 Posts
always up for go - karting fun but at the tick end of 130kg do pick me in your team without a handicap!

We are close to the ferris whell in our car park and so happy to put on a couple bottles of supermarche rouge by the car first.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Cris is that the Friday driver parade with free champagne?

Oh sorry I forgot you walked off and sat in the rain while we got drunk in Nissan hospitality

R

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Cris is that the Friday driver parade with free champagne?

Oh sorry I forgot you walked off and sat in the rain while we got drunk in Nissan hospitality

R
I seem to remember you scuttling off at first opportunity.

Don't think we have forgotten about you slinking off for your champagne breakfasts leaving the rest of us in the campsite with little more than some French cereal and milk. Oh the humanity of it. :runaway:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
always up for go - karting fun but at the tick end of 130kg do pick me in your team without a handicap!

We are close to the ferris whell in our car park and so happy to put on a couple bottles of supermarche rouge by the car first.
Don't worry I bring my own handicaps, and my own book of racing driver excuses!

I was thinking we could colonise a bar near to the fun fair. That way people can roll up as and when they like and should they not fancy being rammed from behind (in a go-kart of course) they could sit certain events out.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
this year I will be eating cold burnt sausage of the Barbie like the rest of you for breakfast...

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
May be at Le Mans as Jake Hill should(?????) be running in the Porsche Carrera Cup which takes place on the Saturday before the start of the 24hrs.

If I am coming, I will be arriving Tuesday for scrutineering etc. We will have free practise on Wednesday and Thursday with qualifying Friday.

Still got to get the final pieces of the sponsorship package put together, so if any of you know any company that would like to support the GTROC official trackday instructor please let me know.

John Miskin
07809 387788

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
well John if your are going we should head for the Nissan champagne tent just to annoy Cris!

John Fuggles is with us too

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.