GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, only a week to go. I know that there are old threads, but now that those who were thinking about it will definitely have decided whether they are going and where they are staying, it'd be great to have an update as to where people will be in case there is any chance of meeting up.
I'll be going via the tunnel at lunchtime thursday. Unfortunately i have to be back by monday so i'll be there till sunday lunchtime, staying at the airfield swamp/campsite. Glen/guy/cem had better not have nicked all the sunshine last weekend
:eek:
sammy

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I will be there sammy

but I am going down with the TVR lot in a cerbera. Don't ask but my mate won't take it that he is not going to make it!! still think we should take the GTR!!
I know that Jez is going down as are a few others. I am goign to meet him down there.
Send me a PM with your mobile and we can catch up down there.
We are staying at Maison Blanche campsite I think so basically no sleep for us then!!
will be leaving kentish shores early about 9 ish.

I also think that Monkey boys SUTTON and SJD will be there in their fudge packing tent. expect the unexpected from those 2 london homos.

Later, NLW.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'll be there (if I can ever get the car fixed). Going out early Friday, probably staying in Camping Bleu.

Phil

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'll be there !

Probably won't make it down untill late Friday.

We are staying in Camping Bleu.

See ya there :D

Jez

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
don't know don't care

I'm going tuesday evening and coming back a week later. Dunno where i'm staying or why i'm going so early compared to anyone else.

Luke

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hi, we are going to le mans on wed evening 11.30 ferry from portsmouth to caen then stomping down in early morning,am staying at maison blanche so will look out for skyline boys on way down will have to meet up for drink whilst there,as will hopefully pass some of you on way !!! he says more like other way round,

see u there

lee & ian

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Err,Luke

You are probably going so early my freind for , with your driving/car , it will take ya longer to get there than everybody else my friend !:D

Have a good'un guys .

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
guys do me a favour

and don't f#@k up this thread about turbos and being slow.
I really could not give two shits. It's all in the head.
Luke glad the car is well again and flying.
Hope to see you there to talk about Le mans, smoot and a bentley success. NOT who has got the best air flow.
In fact I bet the AUDI R8 will have the biggest turbos.

NLW

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
heh?

Bit harsh with the midget there.

We dont got to talk about turbos and air flow, Slow Boy knows the score.:p

Y you so touchy, your car running not very fast then?:p

Have fun at LM all.:)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
fast enough mate

all 500 ponies of it. well quick enough for me what with my reputation. :(
You goign then DD? Le mans should be the crack.
Luke may see you down there geez or if not in kent soon
you R32 twat.

NLW

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
What a great time I had.

Good to see Jez and guess what that was by all the euro whores at the fun fair.
met up with SJD and SuttoNi for a few turps, in fact more than a few. Those guys were on a quality mission as were the blokes on the champagne next to us.
Sammy, is your car a red 34?? Saw you at the toll if it was and I was in one of the 5 TVR cerberas. Sorry had no time to meet up.
Top racing, tonnes of beer, lots of dirty smoot all over the place and good all round fun.
Planning to get a lot of GTRs going next year if anyone is up for it.
TVR boys were great fun especially in the Le Mans nightclub on friday night. A full bollock out session with some dirty dancing on the floor. French birds lovin it!
Laters to all those that made it. Shame about the audi 1-2-3. Bloody hun machines.
NLW

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Just got back

Absolutely knackered! Think Nick had a bit more of a wilder time than me but still enjoyed it (apart from looking like a sodding lobster for a couple of days)
Best part for me was ragging sunny's round the track that weren't mine. Cooked one of thems brakes and in the other (330ish brake) I had a go at a Porker GT2, the owner of which we had been speaking to previous so knew the potential of the car and wouln,t race.... git.
Also came across an Esprit that was rather quick one night with 'Black Rat Racing' on the back. This thing killed us. Turns out it's got a 5 point whatever Chevy lump in!!! By the way if anyone has any info on this can you PM me coz I want one!!!!!

Luke

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Top weekend

Yes - that was a great weekend. Sorry i missed you on the sat night nick. It wasn't my 34 you saw (mine's blue). The only GTR i saw was in town on the friday - a really nice white 33. Was the GT2 seen there silver? I met up with the owner of a silver one - awesome car, and quite a convoy he came with (two 360 convertibles, 2 M3s and a 911 Turbo).

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
luke...

mate you would get spanked by a GT2 mate in that Pulsar. even up to 60 let alone above it.
If I was him I don't think I would race a datsun either just in case sth went wrong. 120k of porker is a lot to lose.
I had a row with a GT2 in the GTR a few weeks and the GT2 was as fast as **** mate. Would mash a 330 horse gtir. You would need at least 550 ponies in a GTR to compete if not more. they weight sweet FA mate and respect to them.
Apart from that we got on the track but too many old bill at arnage and mulsanne. Glad you had a good time mate and saw some great cars.
My fave was the SHELBY GT 500 (aka gone in 60 secs) on the camp site. What a legend for bringing that down and how brave. Talked about cammed up. it lumped its way in and out.
Never thought I would see one but amazing what Le Mans pops up. Nice 993 turbo RS, as well as a 993 RSR Club Sport. Only ever made 25 of them!!
Anyone see a Mclaren F1? Nah me neither.
Best convoy: 3 F40s absolutely lunching down the A28. Must have been 170 +. Followed after by 2 testas and a 512 TR.
Sorry I missed you sam but next time for sure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi guys,

Firstly, sorry to everyone I was supposed to meet/phone and didn't, i.e Phil, Sammy etc.

Bloody mobile decided it didn't want to work in France even though I set roaming up before I left.

It's true that I bumped into Nick but I just happened to be passing the licky show and he was in the queue :D

Had a great time though and am now sunburnt, hungover and exhausted.

Lots of toys down there but not many skylines, I only saw 2 the whole weekend - 1 32 GTR (Phils I think) and a purple 33 GTR on the way back to Calais.

Definitely up for next year :smokin:

Jez

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Jez,

Had a look around the campsite but couldn't see you - where did you see us? We were in the same queue on Saturday night...

Phil

1 - 20 of 30 Posts