GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my car has got some sort of power steering leak from the nsf red oil stuff it looks like atf fluid?

i think its coming from one of the pipes. that goes to a belt driven pump at the nearside front of the engine what does that pump do? is it just for the power steering or does it affect the 4wd or 4ws?

is it possible to damage anything from being low on power steering fluid ive checked the powersteering fluid thing on the ns of the engine bay and its still nearly full

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sounds like one of your your power steering pump pipes has got a split in it somewhere. One of my pipes did this to me in the middle of a trip across Ireland!

Running the pump dry won't do it any good I suspect (and your PS won't actually work). I was lucky though as mine seems to be ok (though god knows if it's shortened the lifespan).

·
Registered
140 Posts
hi my car has got some sort of power steering leak from the nsf red oil stuff it looks like atf fluid?

i think its coming from one of the pipes. that goes to a belt driven pump at the nearside front of the engine what does that pump do? is it just for the power steering or does it affect the 4wd or 4ws?

is it possible to damage anything from being low on power steering fluid ive checked the powersteering fluid thing on the ns of the engine bay and its still nearly full

On an R32 the power steering pump also powers the 4ws.
Power steering pumps usualy rely on the fluid to lubricate and cool them and if run dry the bearings will fail.
A little bit of fluid looks like alot when its sprayed around the engine bay so it could still be from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts