GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the above was thinking titanium?

Also i hear dynamat in the boot helps is this a job i could do myself?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are titanium more or less boomy i prefer the higher pitched sound of titanium but hate boom.

Yeah i had noticed he had done a few things to the X

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
This system is quieter than a R33 GTST decat and catback.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm also looking into this at the moment. From the (pretty extensive) research I've done into it, it seems the Milltek Resonated Y-Pipe is pretty quiet, although it is still louder than if it was coupled with a full system.

I'm trying to get hold of a Milltek or GTC Resonated Y-Pipe at the moment.

Can anyone shed some light as to how much the increase in drone is if just a NON-resonated Y-Pipe is fitted compared to standard?

Not trying to hi-jack the thread, it just saves creating a new one related to this.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought the milltek y pipe with standard cat back exhaust was the most boomiest. Read that somewhere due to the position of the y

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Milltek is the smallest bore at 78mm I believe. I would have thought this would have a factor in the overall noise and boomieness?

I thought the milltek y pipe with standard cat back exhaust was the most boomiest. Read that somewhere due to the position of the y

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have the Milltek resonated ypipe. Its not too loud really. Just a touch down on the non res milltek. You do still get some drone at a certain speed (70mph ish) normally going uphill for instance. As soon as you go faster the drone disappears.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts