GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done?

Can you modify a leccy window mechanism so that you can ditch the motor and just use a manual window winder instead?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've thought about this; I rather like the purity of wind-up windows. But in the end, I think it'd be more hassle than it's worth, unless there were base model R32s (I think like a 140bhp model, can't remember the engine type off the top of my head) that had wind-up windows, in which case I'd imagine you could just swap the mechanisms in.

My Audi ur-quattro had endless electric window failures, led me to strongly mistrust them. But as far as I know, I've yet to hear of an electric window failure on a Skyline.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im just wondering if you can,say,slap on a manual window winder to a leccy window mechanism,unplug the window winder motor and wind the window up and down manually.

can it be done??

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would guess so!

whats with removing them?
Im having a new slimline/lighter loom made up and if I can remove leccy windows then thats a bit less leccy wiring to worry about.Its more of a road/weekend fun car than a fulll on trackday car.

But the glass has to say and I must have windows that wind up and down.

I think I saw a pic of Neilos or maybe Rons race car before with a window winder on the driver side door??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts