GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to fit LED indicator bulbs and reverse lamps to the GTR?
Any tips or links greatly appreciated
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I believe GTR lighting do sets with the correct resistors etc.. in them but its not cheap

I tried a few with resistors but always got the hyper flashing so gave up in the end and just went with silvatec bulbs for indicators and reverse in the end. doesn't look quite as good when flashing/on but gets rid of the egg yolk nicely

I found the rear lights an absolute chore to change as the wiring harness is so short, its a struggle to change the bulb as there is next to slack to play with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe GTR lighting do sets with the correct resistors etc.. in them but its not cheap

I tried a few with resistors but always got the hyper flashing so gave up in the end and just went with silvatec bulbs for indicators and reverse in the end. doesn't look quite as good when flashing/on but gets rid of the egg yolk nicely

I found the rear lights an absolute chore to change as the wiring harness is so short, its a struggle to change the bulb as there is next to slack to play with.

That***8217;s a sound idea bud
Do you have a link to the silvertec bulbs or know what ones I need
Thanks bud

That***8217;s a sound idea bud
Do you have a link to the silvertec bulbs or know what ones I need
Thanks bud

That***8217;s a sound idea do you have a link to the silvertec bulbs
Or know which ones I need

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Has anyone managed to fit LED indicator bulbs and reverse lamps to the GTR?
Any tips or links greatly appreciated
Thanks
Chris
Fitted LEDs to my reverse lamps - good improvement to the light spread.

Ebay purchase;

"Cree Super Bright LED Reverse Light Bulb 921 W21W"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I have fitted all leds to mine, you will need 2 sets of WY21W led bulbs amber
around £40

WY21W Load resistors about £30 for 2 sets of 2. front and rear.

Also CANBUS 501a (WY5W) 5 AMBER For fender indicator bulbs straight swap.

Led revers lights are a straight swap. T15

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I have fitted all leds to mine, you will need 2 sets of WY21W led bulbs amber
around £40

WY21W Load resistors about £30 for 2 sets of 2. front and rear.

Also CANBUS 501a (WY5W) 5 AMBER For fender indicator bulbs straight swap.

Led revers lights are a straight swap. T15
Would you send me some links bud so I know what I***8217;m looking for
Thanks

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Please be aware that the indicator bulbs are too long for the CBA rear lenses. I assume they are ok on DBA/EBA rear lenses, and I assume that they will fit the front OK. I have messaged the seller on EBay requesting a swap for some a few mm shorter. The reverse bulbs and the load resistors are perfect BTW.
So the seller of the indicator bulbs swapped two of them for the rear lenses for shorter bulbs which fitted perfectly. They don’t list the shorter versions on their eBay site, so he suggests you message him to say you need two shorter versions and he will send these out instead. Overall excellent service and the bulbs work perfectly. The longer ones will still be fine for the front lenses.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2018-CANBUS-48W-T20-7440-WY21W-BRIGHTEST-LED-AMBER-INDICATOR-LIGHT-BULBS/153148225563?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
So the seller of the indicator bulbs swapped two of them for the rear lenses for shorter bulbs which fitted perfectly. They don’t list the shorter versions on their eBay site, so he suggests you message him to say you need two shorter versions and he will send these out instead. Overall excellent service and the bulbs work perfectly. The longer ones will still be fine for the front lenses.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2018-CANBUS-48W-T20-7440-WY21W-BRIGHTEST-LED-AMBER-INDICATOR-LIGHT-BULBS/153148225563?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
So the Load resistors don’t fit the front headlamps but the bulbs work perfectly without them. Also, one of the side repeater bulbs is half the brightness of the other. So I am awaiting a replacement. A bit frustrating but it should all be OK in the end. So just to be clear, the long indicator bulbs are OK in the front lamps, but the load resistors are not required and don’t fit anyway. But the long bulbs won’t fit in the rear lenses and you will need to ask the seller to supply shorter ones for the rear. The load resistors are fine in the rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts