GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were I live (South America) cars can only be left hand drive, and there is a cheap GTR R33 (I think) for sale. This car has been converted to left hand drive, but the steering is real bad. It is very hard to turn, and cannot turn all the way. Also, the steering 'clicks' when you turn. I am planning to buy this cars, but is there anything that can be done about the steering? A kit a new rack that will leave it 'stocklike'? I have heard that there is a company (Skyline Motors) in the US that has done this, but I do not know how to contact them. Does any one have ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
I've been investigating lhd conversions as well, since if i ever get a gtr, i'll probably have to convert it (live in continental europe).
The conversion seems to be a problematic one, due to the turbo's and their piping being in the way of the steering shaft & rack. One would guess that the ppl who converted that car probably bent the shaft or bolted at a wrong angle to avoid the turbo's.

According to a resident of the emirate states, where they regularly convert these things, the best way is to re-build the piping to go around the new steering assembly. It *is* more costly and if you don't know what you're doing, you can end with mismatched turbo's (baaad for your engine) but this seems the best way to go.

This arabian gent indicated that
This site is the home of some Dubai tuners who helped him with this, so i'd advise you to ask them.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
LHD

Used to be a link to a site of a Finnish guy called Henry who had an R32 converted to LHD, but I can't find the link any more on the link page.

Perhaps somebody else knows ?

Andre.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, i remember that guy, but i don't have the link. I do remember his method involved a *lot* of work...

However i found the posts from the guy from Dubai, it wasn't in SDU:
automotive forums
Also :
Other link

It has nothing to do with the toprpm link i mentioned above, sorry, but he does mention a simpler method of doing the conversion.

Unfortunately, one of the threads degenerates into a discussion about stolen gtr's in dubai, but he gives some hints about how he did it...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
BINGO !!

Yes, that´s the one Richie !

Last time I looked, it didn´t have the mods depicted as clear as they are now. Very good info !

Andre.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Re: BINGO !!

somberg said:
Yes, that´s the one Richie !

Last time I looked, it didn´t have the mods depicted as clear as they are now. Very good info !

Andre.
Glad I could help, I have this link in my list of favourites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts