GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
RepLiKa said:
Whats it like watching those beasts race in the dark?
The same as watching them in the light for the other 12 hours:D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yip - going across from Thursday to Monday

got grandand seats in the ACO stand - should be a good warm up for TOTB5!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Oh yes! Year number 5 (so just a beginner) and back at Houx Anexxe, travelling down in a convoy that resembles the wacky races!!:eek: :D :smokin:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Looks like the first time for seven years I won't be there - weddings, babies etc. apparently take preference (even when they're due months after the event ... ).

Phil

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nice pics mate. Ive always wanted to do le mans but never got round to it. I was looking at an organised trip where you are picked up on a coach locally which drives (via ferry) straight to the circuit. The coach stays there while the race is on and returns an hour or 2 after the race finishes. It was £160 and the race ticket was an extra £55 i think. It seemed to much of a long trip for me without any digs or even a tent.
How do you all do it? I presume by the picks you camp over, how much does this cost etc for the whole experience?
Cheers Adam.

Forgot to add, whats the drive like and how long does it take.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,571 Posts
Probably going with a small gruop as well.
Been fot 7 years on a trot, but gave it a miss last year.
Listened to the start on radio LeMans on the net while sitting
at home bored and was gutted we decided not to go.

But we'll be back this year!!

Sneaking down the Mulsane straight again come midnight with my crate of Steelas! ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Daz said:
Every year I say that I must get along to this !

How much (roughly) does it cost ?
Tickets are around 140-150 each, That gets you into the Event, Parking & Grandstand & Camping area - then these fuel, food costs & train or ferry to factor in also

·
Registered
467 Posts
Missing it this year, my mate is having his stag night in Las Vegas for a week so going to that instead (bummer!)

Bob

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,571 Posts
Daz said:
Every year I say that I must get along to this !

How much (roughly) does it cost ?
Daz,

If you don't want grand stand tickets, which usually don't bother with,
entrance for the full weekend is only around 35 quid each!!!!!:eek:

Compare that to the British GP!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Philip said:
Half the fun is driving there and back, I wouldn't bother with the coach.

Phil
Exactly!!

As for cost, like Scott said just 35 for entry and then 35 for camping, bargain!
Most importantly theres the liquid fuel for both body and car which, well it is France, also bloody cheap! I got a slighty more expensive ferry this year but at 340 between 2 thats still not bad. The only cost hike up is how and what you drive;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I think we are going with Travel Destinations this year. Its about £180 per head for camping, week ticket and the train over.

The drive there is definately half the fun... If I had to go on a coach Im not sure Id bother! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts