GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Ahh...so satisfying to see Tyson fall on his arse!!!:D So much for smashing Lennoxs' brain out and eating his children!!

:smokin:

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Haven't seen it, but read about it this morning.

Great result. I hope that is the end of Tyson this time, his time is long gone, and he will never be the fighter he was when he was 19 / 20. Still rate him as one of the best ever, but he didn't know when his time was up.

Good on Lewis for putting on a good display. Alot of people had been knocking his chances (including me), but he proven to everyone what he can do.

Just wish i'd been able to see it :(

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I only just got up! I stayed up and watched it last night, it was a brilliant fight. Tyson was begging him for a re-match at the end and said that he thinks he can still have Lewis :eek:

Rob

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mmmm

I've followed the fight-game for many years. First one I went to was Sugar Ray Leonard v Alan Minter (God I'm old) and since then have followed certain fighters along their careers.

One of them is Mike Tyson. I can understand peoples hatred of him but we must understand the shi5t he has had to deal with over the years. We can all sit in judgement of people from a distance but I think we should look past the hype and lies of the tabloids and perhaps realise this guy had been dealt a really tough deal in life. OK we can say he got convicted by a Court of this and that but at the end of the day we must realise that 'innocent' people are convicted guilty and being in the public eye people are all to ready to tread all over you.

Luckily Lennox has had a great Team around him for his career and this has enabled him to keep his act together over the tough times he has had. Lennox is a worthy champion and he MUST now go down in the 'Hall Of Fighting Fame'.

It was sad to see last night the demise and fall of a legend. This is sad in any sport but I feel that Tyson's demise has been through others involvement and actions and not from his own doing. Tysons interview showed the REAL him as when he won the World Championship 16 years ago. A quietly spoken, unassuming bloke who looked for all the world lost and vunerable.

No doubt I'll get shot down in flames here but hey, thats BB's :D .

glen

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm with you Glen

Well said Glen although I don't agree with the Hall of Fame stuff. Lewis has fought washed up fighters through out his career, for heavens sake even Frank Bruno gave him a run for his money. I say this with reference to George Foremans remarks after the fight - none of us can be certain how good Lewis would have been against the true greats of the heavyweight scene. I personally feel his name shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Ali. I also feel that he couldn't live with the Tyson of old. If you're gonna make a comparison then compare him with Larry Holmes - another boxer unfortunate enough to reign during an era of heavyweight mediocrity. Even so, I don't think he could even carry the 'Easton Assassin's' jockstrap:D

Talat.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Agreed with Glen

I have been a fan of Tyson since he first came on the scene many moons ago .

He was a good entertainer as well as a good boxer a little like Eubanks I guess .

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Sorry, I've got to disagree with one point. IMHO, the argument that a sportsperson wouldn't have stood a chance against another sportsperson in their prime (however many years ago) is flawed. Professional sport is all about being the best at what you do at a given period in your career (however long that period may be). If you think you're good enough to stay in the game and then get beat, tough sh$t. You should've quit while you were ahead.

Just for the record I don't follow boxing so this is a generic viewpoint.

·
Registered
239 Posts
With you there Tigger

Hmmm....

An animal who bites people, been convicted of rape, accused twice more of rape and used to beat his wife up.

What a thoroughly bloody nice bloke:mad:

Dunno - maybe I'd see it differently if I wasn't a girl, but he's always struck me like a one round street fighter not a talented boxer.

My tuppence worth - I'll shut up now.

Caroline:confused:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Glen you're dead right(God did I agree with Glen there?)
Vennuth you're dead wrong.
Talat You're right too.
Paul you're agreing with Glen(Silver agrees with Blue?)
hipogtr you do not appreciate sport very much do you?
Tigger a convicted rapist means.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
wassup pegleg - don't you like me?

Shall I go an eat worms????

On my own...................

In a corner....................

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Convicted by default of being famous and unliked

More like set up but thats another story :rolleyes: .

Its rare I come across a woman thats likes Boxing.

Thank God they've banned stoning or I reckon Tigger and Elvira would have a sack load of 'em for us Tyson supporters next time we meet :eek: :D .

glen

·
Registered
666 Posts
Elvira, our posts crossed there.
Eating worms might be good but I am sure it has been done before...alone in a corner!

No seiously though each to their own opinion on these matters.
I just believe that when Tyson was at his best Bruno was magnificent against him and Lewis was not willing to go anywhere near as he would have been destroyed.

Just my 4p

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Stone throwing

I lived in the Middle East and from time to time would visit Saudi. Believe me after visiting a place called "chop chop corner" stoning people does exsist and is happening everyday, plus other activities..... I only went there once, stumbled across it whilst out walking, didn't go there again!

Please don't throw stones!! ;)

Claire

1 - 20 of 26 Posts