GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.. I have a R32 GT-r .. and a RWD vehicle. And I want to have the complete r32 "AWD/Engine/Transmission" onto the RWD vehicle..

I do not expect 1on1 swap.. But in what state you can place the r32 AWD system onto the RWD car...?! :popcorn:

If this is the wrong topic, please move to correct place :)

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Not sure I understand the question fully, but you could swap everything over (including subframes and suspension) from the GTR, and just take off the front drive shafts for rwd. The wheelbase etc. would have to be similar on the car you're fitting it onto to make it easier, and you'd have to fabricate suspension pick-up points etc.

Explain more on what you're trying to achieve?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well.. I want a car that can be AWD and RWD.. Therefor the R32 is perfect option to choose, since it can be both! .. And the RWD is car, where they mostly swap a 2JZ's into it! (Don't want to say the rwd's car yet.. )

Electronic is a job I can do .. But, how about the sheetmetal/fabrication .. Is it possible, .. ?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Could you not get a torque splitter controller for the 32 so you can adjust accordingly?! Obviously you have something up your sleeve so I look forward to seeing what you get up to :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I know .. Simple said .. a R32 Car, with a different body. So i need al the mechanical stuff from the R32 onto the other body! But is this a hopeless plan for someone, with little "sheetmetal/body" experience?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Why not just have the R32 GTR?

Whatever, I'd say unless you're good at metal fabrication you'd need to pay someone to do a conversion.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coming back to this project.

The RB26, Twin turbo incl. EWG. Will it fit with a LHD bay?! (steering etc.) Or is there massive modification needed to the manifold. Or is single turbo the best option?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts