GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to add a few carbon bits, any pics would be appreciated!!!

would like to see different interior bits and want to see what they look like b

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Cost, an arm and a leg I would imagine, they look like complete carbon, even the overlay ones are expensive. The 3rd one looks overlay, might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Well, not as expensive as you'd think!
A couple of days on and off between Christmas duties, a scalpel, hairdryer and a sheet of carbon wrap.... Job done :thumbsup:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
looking to add a few carbon bits, any pics would be appreciated!!!

would like to see different interior bits and want to see what they look like b
These lads do carbon bits, more about cosmetics than weight saving I think but certainly looks purdy.

Robson Design Pte Ltd

Somewhere or other they do bits for R32, 33, 34 too.

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
CF inlaid R34GTR steering wheel by Robsons Japan...

Due to be fitted very shortly!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Alex, did you need to rub the trim down before putting the carbon wrap on? i intend to paint or (after seeing this) carbon wrap them! top job BTW

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Nope... Just stripped the bits down and washed to remove an finger marks etc, then got wrapping! :).

Not a perfect job but you get the hang of it pretty quickly as to how much stretch and what cuts to make so that it all looks as good as can be. Bits in the switch recesses I used smaller pieces and lined up the weave pattern to try and keep it all lookiing like one piece.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
hmmmm sounds rather tricky

how much does the carbon wrap cost and where stocks it?

mite be a job for the missus as she likes pottering about and has ooodles of patience

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I thought about carbon wrapping but I'm not to confident about the end result lol! The other option is perhaps to spray it, but I don't want to damage the dash on removal!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I got a sheet 1500x1000mm for just over £50.00 delivered for the Apa carbon film through a friend and I've still got just over half left.

Prices seem to vary wildly though the guy on here with the chromed R35 gave a good price as did a mate of mine if you have no luck elsewhere.

Cheers :)..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts