GTR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
I think you sum it up just about perfectly for me.

I'd be slightly more interested in one of these over a import or UK car if only for the talking point, not sure I'd pay much if any more money for it.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
my old R33 GTR was middlehurst import, mixed series 2 and 3 bits on it. one of the 20 I was told

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I think you sum it up just about perfectly for me.

I'd be slightly more interested in one of these over a import or UK car if only for the talking point, not sure I'd pay much if any more money for it.
Thank you Simonh!:)

my old R33 GTR was middlehurst import, mixed series 2 and 3 bits on it. one of the 20 I was told
But before those 20 of which one was your car Robbie J, Nissan first had 3 Special "Z" coded cars for evaluation built with what became UK specific modifications....

That car above was one of these!

·
Vendor
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
just pulled the old girl into the shop, 3 transmission coolers instead of 2. the front is a reroute of the rear so masses of piping underneath. Still has the NISMO carbon oilcooler etc, a few oil temp blocks in the oil lines. the additional trans cooler has become front mounted

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I'm collecting it shortly and will do more digging into it's history. Im half inkled to restore her back to her glory, I usually avoid keeping cars as you know but something about this one.
Enough time has passed now that I thought this Topic was worthy of a bump!

Is there anymore info that you can share about the Pre-Production/Evaluation UK BCNR33-042091 DaveW? Is it still alive and well?? Restored??? Pics????

:popcorn:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys.

After 17 years of ownership i have just decided to track my Skyline history. The car has all the uk spec bits and pieces on but the VIN No showed it as a Japanese BCNR33-041374Z. Now it since learned that Z at the end of the number was for what is described as a prototype!
I did an online vehicle check with a company called Caranalytics and this now tells me the previous number plates that have been issued to the car.
The first being P35 XWL up to 12-09-1997. The second 437 BMR up to 24-06-2002, The third P215 FEJ was on until 25-10-2002 and now finally N4 SMO which as been on the car for all my ownership.
Andy Middlehurst has confirmed he does remember this car which was a Nissan GB demo car. A Japanese car and changed into a uk car and in fact he still has the number plate 437 BMR on retention.
This is what i believe to be the first skyline and used as one of the press cars.

Cheers.
Malc.

·
Vendor
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Malcom, congrats on finding that out. There were 3 preproduction units made. I sold chassis build 1 last year, was hoping the other 2 would make an appearance sometime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Dave.
Ive decided to sell her now but the car is far from standard. Ive had loads of fun but now is the time to let someone else enjoy it. The car itself has just clocked 80K and is in near immaculate condition.
Cheers.
Malc.

·
Vendor
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks Dave.
Ive decided to sell her now but the car is far from standard. Ive had loads of fun but now is the time to let someone else enjoy it. The car itself has just clocked 80K and is in near immaculate condition.
Cheers.
Malc.

Is this the one advertised on Facebook?

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts

Hi Guys.

After 17 years of ownership i have just decided to track my Skyline history. The car has all the uk spec bits and pieces on but the VIN No showed it as a Japanese BCNR33-041374Z. Now it since learned that Z at the end of the number was for what is described as a prototype!
I did an online vehicle check with a company called Caranalytics and this now tells me the previous number plates that have been issued to the car.
The first being P35 XWL up to 12-09-1997. The second 437 BMR up to 24-06-2002, The third P215 FEJ was on until 25-10-2002 and now finally N4 SMO which as been on the car for all my ownership.
Andy Middlehurst has confirmed he does remember this car which was a Nissan GB demo car. A Japanese car and changed into a uk car and in fact he still has the number plate 437 BMR on retention.
This is what i believe to be the first skyline and used as one of the press cars.

Cheers.
Malc.
Hello Malcolm! Thank You very much for sharing the History of Your Iconic Skyline!

You do know this Car was featured in the October 1997 Top Gear Magazine and also the Iconic Japanese GT-R Magazine too?

The constant Number plate swapping has made tracking down some UK BCNR33's a little difficult. There was also registration "844 BMR" which was also used on another Middlehurst Press Car. YTB 6D was also used on another. I have now added Your Vehicles Details to My current UKDM Official Records. Thank You once gain for sharing such important and valuable information Malcolm!(y)

Hi Malcom, congrats on finding that out. There were 3 preproduction units made.
That's odd, Andy Middlehurst says there were six and provided Us with their Chassis Numbers for Our Records :-

BCNR33-040178Z
BCNR33-041374Z
BCNR33-041383Z
BCNR33-041415Z
BCNR33-041423Z
BCNR33-042091Z

The inclusion of these six Pre-Production Prototypes are how the UK's allocation of R33 Skyline GT-R's numbered exactly 100 units.

I sold chassis build 1 last year, was hoping the other 2 would make an appearance sometime.
So, Are You finally willing to Share with Us interested parties what its registration was Dave? You've ignored My polite PM's so far which is odd for a self confessed Skyline Enthusiast.

If You don't fancy broadcasting this delicate Information Publically, A simple PM to Me would still do the trick!

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts

Would you know where i could get a copy of this Japanese GT-R Magazine.
Thanks. Malc

I got My copy of the July 1998 GT-R Magazine 021 from eBay....

But I'm sure You can also get them from Yahoo auctions via Bid JDM Malcolm.

HTH!:)

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Thank you Simonh!:)

But before those 20 of which one was your car Robbie J, Nissan first had 3 Special "Z" coded cars for evaluation built with what became UK specific modifications....

That car above was one of these!
sorry I never looked into it before I sold it. Once when I took it to Middlehurst they said they knew the car and was an "early one by them" at the time I never thought about it. Dave knows how Middlehurst got involved in the pre-pro cars :)

I always thought it was a 95 car with 97 updates, the vin said it was a 97 but some of the original bits where 95. It was a long time ago now, it could have sat in a Japanese showroom before being shipped out.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts