GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will need to convert the headlights on my 33 to LHD
anybody sellin some ? :nervous:
if ya know where to get them or how to convert the stock lights reflector from RHD to LHD i'm all ears :D

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
where are you from mate?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I can set mine to RHD or LHD as I've converted them myself to Xenons.

There was a thread on here a long time ago which described how to adjust the standard halogen units to LHD.
Maybe try searching as it has been done before.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have xenon´s how do you convert this matt?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I have xenon´s how do you convert this matt?

You have to modify the shield as they are set to RHD - I'll find the link that shows you how to do it........

Mine are different as they are Bi-Xenons and have adjustable shields so can be set RHD or LHD (as per BMW/Audi etc).

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Headlight Menu

You basically have to adjust the cut off shield to LHD from RHD the 'how to' should be somewhere in the link above.

You may even have to make new ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Mate,

I converted the headlamps on my R32 GTR to LHD by taking out the projector units and then fitting a Hella lamo unit instead. I also fitted a HID bulb kit. Pm me your e mail address and I´ll send you a few photos.

Symon

·
Registered
366 Posts
The only way to change the headlights to LHD is to change the lenses... The pattern cut into the glass is what needs to be changed to make it a legal LHD. There is ONE company in canada that makes a DOT legal LHD headlight, but here, they are pretty lax on this part of the law. changing bulbs or different "lamps" will do nothing.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
We have talked alot about this on the swedish skyline forum. The lenses from a Volvo S40 / V40 from 1998 should be the same, so all you have to do is remove the headlamps and put your headlight in an oven 80 degrees celcius for about 20min then you can take off the front glass and you have access to the lenses and replace em with the volvo, you also have to glue the adjustment screw on the volvo lenses from the Skyline lenses.

This is for the R33 headlights.

p.s. i havent done this to my car yet, so im not 100% sure how it works in pratice.

Regards
Jan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if I understand this good
I modify the shield or swap the lenses with Volvo lenses
looks like swapping lenses is easier but I don't understand about the screw that needs to be glued thing :(
anyone more info or pics or anything else ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts