GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm from the Philippines and I just got a LHD R32 GT-R with some Nismo exterior bits and a modified exhaust (HKS Dragger). It's converted to LHD and is quite mechanically sound, but aesthetics wise, the interior is not what you could call "acceptable". The exterior though is pretty clean for a car this old.

Hopefully when the interior is presentable enough already, a single maybe T70 or T78 turbo would be fitted in along with some usual bolt-ons like fuel pump, E-Manage Ultimate, etc etc.... but that will take some time as some minor problems would have to be solved first.

The car is currently boosting 0.8 bar and honestly, I find it quite slow below 100kph. I don't know why, but many of my friends have told me that I should not expect much from a stock GT-R, as I had the impression that stock GT-Rs accelerate from 0-60mph quite quicker than Lancer Evos in very lightly tuned trim. Is this quite normal? I'm looking for that brutal punch my Evo makes from zero. But maybe it's just because the car is quite heavy (and old + tired I might add). But from 120kph onwards, it just feels so effortless for the car to climb all the way up to 200++kph.

Also, I greatly approve of this site as it has been useful in giving me information in this quite rare (at least here) car. More power to you guys and thanks for giving me the inspiration :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay I'll post interior pics soon... :)

plus maybe also some weird engine shots... you'll be in for a surpirse on how weird the firewall arrangement is...

·
Registered
555 Posts
its not too bad. Did A31 Cefiro's & C33 Laurels come out LHD? Because a dash from one of those would possibly fit.

I know you can fit S15 dash's in 180SX's so again that might potentially be an option with a bit of work

·
Registered
84 Posts
bullit: you should have had it converted by autoplus. i was in the states when they had it converted by shyline motors. that condo looks familiar...is that the one near csb? that has an entrance along taft ave?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Doesn't look that bad. As for the dashboard in Skyline it's better to get someone make you a LHD reflection of a RHD one.
You got air circulation working right ? Seen a few LHD converstions made without air blower :D
If you got any info on your RHD->LHD swap I'll be happy to hear it. In my country you can't register a RHD car if it isn't at least 25 years old so I'll have to convert my if I want it to be road legal.

·
Registered
383 Posts
as far as it feeling slow. I found that aswell but if you can bring it up to stage 1 tune it makes a world of differance....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bullit: you should have had it converted by autoplus. i was in the states when they had it converted by shyline motors. that condo looks familiar...is that the one near csb? that has an entrance along taft ave?

ajilopez, I am planning to do this one right anytime soon plus I talked with Terry of stage21 here and he says he might be able to pull it off, looking like an original LHD unit.

and yes, it's in Taft Ave. how'd you know?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its not too bad. Did A31 Cefiro's & C33 Laurels come out LHD? Because a dash from one of those would possibly fit.

I know you can fit S15 dash's in 180SX's so again that might potentially be an option with a bit of work
yes, some people have done it. they have installed LHD Cefiro dashboards and it fits nicely... but I'm leaning towards a new fabricated dash so the interior will still look like a proper Skyline :)

Doesn't look that bad. As for the dashboard in Skyline it's better to get someone make you a LHD reflection of a RHD one.
You got air circulation working right ? Seen a few LHD converstions made without air blower
If you got any info on your RHD->LHD swap I'll be happy to hear it. In my country you can't register a RHD car if it isn't at least 25 years old so I'll have to convert my if I want it to be road legal.
yup I'm still looking for options but I'm leaning towards the very talented boys here at Stage21. they export various bodykits to Japan.

I'll contact you as soon as the dash gets started. Maybe they can ship it out if mine comes out fine. And you'll get it for a lot cheaper too, as I have to pay for the fiberglass mold lol :flame:

All I can tell you now is that a LHD steering rack for a Cefiro was used, that's as far as my knowledge goes in the conversion at the moment. You can ask me questions if you want some more info then maybe I'll look into my car :)

1st mod should be the suspension!
tell me about it! :bawling:

as far as it feeling slow. I found that aswell but if you can bring it up to stage 1 tune it makes a world of differance....
yea, you can feel it in the engine... it seems that it can still produce more because at 280++hp, it still sounds quite asleep... I'm just wondering, when you say stage1, that includes a form of fuel controller right? because right now for the meantime, Im just planning a simple intake and exhaust (downpipe included + cat delete) and maybe a Greddy E-Manage Ultimate as I have more experience tuning with this piggyback computer. Plus, I can't afford right now a proper stand alone :bawling:

·
Registered
84 Posts
ajilopez, I am planning to do this one right anytime soon plus I talked with Terry of stage21 here and he says he might be able to pull it off, looking like an original LHD unit.

and yes, it's in Taft Ave. how'd you know?

well, update us on the progress of this project. =) btw, is the Land Transportation Office allowing registration for Skylines now? about the condo, my ex used to stay there. :bawling: :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, update us on the progress of this project. =) btw, is the Land Transportation Office allowing registration for Skylines now? about the condo, my ex used to stay there. :bawling: :p
ohh i see lol :)

well yea, I got a proper OR and CR so I'm assuming it's registered.. and I checked it with LTO and everything's fine. do you have a skyline too ajilopez? :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
yea, you can feel it in the engine... it seems that it can still produce more because at 280++hp, it still sounds quite asleep... I'm just wondering, when you say stage1, that includes a form of fuel controller right? because right now for the meantime, Im just planning a simple intake and exhaust (downpipe included + cat delete) and maybe a Greddy E-Manage Ultimate as I have more experience tuning with this piggyback computer. Plus, I can't afford right now a proper stand alone

Stage 1 for me, full exhaust (cat delete and downpipes),boost controller, induction and mapping (in my case dastek unichip). Result 385 bhp and a world of difference from standard.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts