GTR Forum banner

Lhd R34 Gtr....

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bnr34vspec2 
#1 ·
How dodgy does this look then!!!:eek:
Notice how the MFD screen is still tilted towards the right. Apparently the dash doesn't fit very well so the bigger gaps have been taped closed with sticky back plastic!! A real pity that some GTRs end up bastardised in such way....very sad to see....

At least the exterior is ok...:rolleyes:

See less See more
#4 ·
AAAAArrrrrgggggggggg.

You have a movie and I can't see it.:(

Any chance of a downloadable version Dino.:)

The theatre thing doesn't work for me.

I need this mpeg for my collection. 5Gb now!!:eek:

Will send some to GT-R Central soon.

Oh yea, the 34 is nice. Is it in the middle east or US???

#5 ·
JohnD...no idea what speeds...I redlined 1st and second but short shifted the rest. I think I was doing 160-170kms at the end but was busier looking at the road as it was a 40kmh limit:p

If you have good speakers you can hear a back fire at the end when I back off:D

Scott...I can send you the movie via mail if you like...

G
#6 ·
DCD said:
How dodgy does this look then!!!:eek:
Notice how the MFD screen is still tilted towards the right. Apparently the dash doesn't fit very well so the bigger gaps have been taped closed with sticky back plastic!! A real pity that some GTRs end up bastardised in such way....very sad to see....

I agree Dino... GTR right hand drive ONLY!!

If you dont live in OZ/NZ/Japan/HK/UK etc and want a GTR move country ;);)

G
#8 ·
Re: Re: Re: Lhd R34 Gtr....

Richie said:

That's easy for you to say :( .
Sorry dude, I would never want to rub anyones noses in it (hence the numerous smilies and winkies), but one of few good things about the UK is right hand drive Skylines.

We pay 400x more for the petrol to power them than you do though ;)!!!

Peace,

G
#12 ·
Jeff

I always meant to ask you, how popular (relatively speaking) is the GTR in the US? As a previous 300zxTT owner there is an absolute wealth of tuning experience over the water, with twinturbo.net a brilliant resource.

I know the GTR's steering wheel is in the wrong place for most of the world so taking that into consideration do you see many about the place??

I always thought that the GTR would have been such a popular car in the United States given LHD...

Still, given some of those open highways and your gas prices what the hell does it matter if you are sitting in the wrong seat ;)

Peace,

#13 · (Edited)
Glen,

What do you mean by popular? Let me sum it up the best I can for you. The GTR or any Skyline in general is VERY rare in the US, there are a total of about 60 GTRs (32/33/34) here in the whole US so far and about 3 GTS-T. I know for sure there are 8 R34 GTRs here, the number of R32 and R33 GTR I am not sure. Most of them are in Southern California, I know there are a few in Hawaii. In the town I live in (fairly big town I say, with a population of 2.7 million people), there is only 1 R34 GTR (mine), 1 R32 GTR and 1 R33 GTR.

As you can see from the rarity of GTR, combine with the hugh mark-up Motorex put on the car, making the GTR rare and fairly expensive, any GTR are consider god like by people who know what it is and are a fan of it. The status of GTR is almost like a Mclaren F1 for most young Asian people, I haven't have a chance to try it yet, but I think if I park my car next to a Mclaren F1 in the parking lot, most people would look at my car first.

Tuning knowledge is very scare, lucky for me there is one good tuning shop that are pretty close to where I live that know what they are doing. I can say there are only 3 shops or so I would trust working on my car.

One normal street driving, you would probably never see one on the road. I say if you come over here for a month long vacation, you probably won't see any driving on the road. I have only seen 2 so far.

You are right, we have lots of wide open freeway and the gas is dirt cheap, who cares about where the steering wheel is :p The RHD bother some people, but those are the people that are not potential GTR owners :eek:

Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.