GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Er, narrow it down to an engine type, maybe?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saying as this is gtroc i would've thought that was obvious ru'! The RB series of engines, 20 25 and 26 are what i'm talking about does anyone know which is lightest?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
I'd agree, just guessing.

Why do you ask?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason i'm asking is i'm planning a new drift car build for next year, making it a more focused machine than what i currently have. Weight loss is a major factor and i don't want to add any weight that doesn't need to be there, still only guessing can anyone tell me for sure which is lightest?

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Surely bhp is more important, or at least bhp per kilo?

Sorry I can't help on actual weights though, but logic says the '20 would be lightest...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
If you are worried about weight put a SR20 engine in....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Already using an sr20, pretty light engine yes but just not an rb! Would have thought some tuner would have weighed them all at some point, thanks for the info above anyhow

·
Registered
834 Posts
Id have thought the RB25 or 26 as Ive heard you can bore an RB20 out to 86mm... that means theres a lot of extra iron there!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I have weighed all the RB26 stuff, I just never got into RB20 or RB25. Not that many of them here in the US, kind of a waste of time.

I would say the overall structure, the deck heights, and everything else is about the same so they should weigh about the same.

Not a light engine, and also a long and tall engine.

Going by weight and output - LS1.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I would say the lightest RB block would be the RB25. It is definately lighter than the RB26 block, (having handled both) as the webs are thinner, but not by much.

And RB25 lighter than RB20 as it has bigger holes in it. 86mm vs 78mm :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts