GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at upgrading my lighting - currently have xeon on dip & 60W halogen on main beam - any ideas without sticking on aux lights? - was just going to stick 100W for main beam but interested on what other options are available.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The main beam only works on the outside lights as standard. If you want more main beam you could change the bulbs in the inner set to be dual filament and then modify the loom.

John

·
Registered
312 Posts
Don't the Skylines come with HID lights from Japan. Or is there a HID light conversion that you can do in order to make them way brighter.
I know that the HID lights aren't legal here in the US...But people often put then in cars as an aftermarket thing.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
half sorted?

Have upgraded the inner main beam bulds to 100w H1's, must be the most awkward bulb to change in the world!! but the the light units need adjusted but for the life of me I couldn't find any means of doing this - any clues??

:confused:

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Do you mean adjusted for aim? If so, there are 2 x 8mm (from memory) bolts sticking out at the rear of the headlamp unit.

If you think changing the bulb is difficult, you want to try taking the unit out...! :eek:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did consider taking the light unit out - but thought I'd rather scrape all the skin off my hands instead:eek:

There are two 10mm hex headed nuts on the light unit which I thought adjusted the alignment but neither made any difference when fulling screwed in or out??:confused:

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Strange, after buying my car and people continually flashing me because the xenons were a touch high but more because they are very bright, I dipped mine using the top hex head bolt. Don't know why yours won't...?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts