GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have a buzzer to tell you that the lights are left on. My R32 GTR does not but instead has a beeper to warn you that you have left the keys in the ignition (as you do!).
Has anyone converted the key beeper to a 'lights left on' beeper as it seems like a good idea (as I left the parking lights on the other morning).
Dave

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
I must say Dave I have had no problems with leaving lights on.
(I usually look back at my car veinly
several times before leaving it. She's lovely).

I also find these buzzers really get on my tits.

Sorry I'm no bloody help!:(

Sorry.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scott:rolleyes:
I was in a hurry as I usually look back as well:D
If you switch lights of before getting out, there would be no buzzing so no irritation.
The key in ignition really gets on my tits when I am working on the car with the door open :mad:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
When I had my scirocco a few years ago I put in a lights-on buzzer from Maplin. Did the trick, never left the lights on again! Took about 1/2 hr to fit IIRC.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Beeps

Dave

I'm sure if I leave my lights on and the engine is off I get a beep.

However if the Turbo Timer is keeping the engine running and I leave the lights on, open the door I do not get any alarms. Thus when the engine turns itself off the lights stay on and Bob's ya ungle you have a flat battery.

Done this myself too many times have learnt my lesson now. Have a pre eject check...!!:D :D

Malc

·
Registered
364 Posts
hi,i fitted one to an old pre-buzzer astra (mark 1 estate)i got one from a scrap yard it was a fairly simple affair as i remember you just had three wires to the buzzer unit one which fitted to the head lamp feed one to earth and one to the interior light or door switch once all three feeds are tripped they make the circuit and the result is the buzzer sounds.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it easy then. Just a case of swapping the wires over?
Will be having a play when I get a chance;) Just wanted to know if anyone else has done it.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would be interested to see if other 32 GTR's have them. Someone may have fiddled with mine. I have a green LED that shines on the ignition key when the lights are on but you can only see it when it's dark.
I have another R32 GTR coming to my pub meet on the 15th so I will have a look at that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dave just so you know you are not alone. I don't seem to have a buzzer(well not for lights anyway:D ) either.
I'm not sure if it's been disconnected of if there wasn't one at all.

Rick

·
Registered
666 Posts
I disconnected this on my first R33 the noise got on my nerves too.
Dead easy small cylindrical shaped things up behind the dash in the footwell...just pulled a wire off it.
It should be easy to work out how to change it to a lights on warning buzzer ...if that is what you want

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Ged. Will have a go when I get the time .... and it is light.....and it is not raining!
Next summer then!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Bit of an old thread I know but I've just spotted it :D ... My car has a beep-beep-beep whenever you put the lights on with the ignition off...

Its located on the left side of the trim below the dash, (just under the clock in a GT-R I believe) its a small black box with a white six-pin connector.

Cheers,

Dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts