GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you should say that, surfing Evo / Exiges / GTR etc. I've seen a few people shifting their cars due to impending tax bills.

I suspect the downturn in the economy part way through the year meant that people didn't make as much towards the end of the year as they expected to clear their debts.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Yep, no surprise there then.
Now, then. Talking about Disco Ferries: I got one too !! (97 TDi Automatic). I got rid of all my Fords though. And, since LandRover reminds me too mich of BMW, it's for sale, like my BMW M5. Mind you, it's not the tax man, it's -- it's -- how shall I explain this -- I just dislike BMW. I'm going to get another Skyline roadcar again. Absolutely fantastic. Only accept the best - forget the rest.:D :D :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Careful.

All,

Just thought I'd mention that when you post a link to Autotrader after you've done a search like the one above by GEZZAJOB, the window that opens contains your full post code. Its then quite simple to find out your postal address.As this site is open to anyone to browse, theres no telling who is looking at it, and for what reason!
Just thought I'd mention it.

Pete,

Just got a GT4 but still dreaming of my own GT-aaaaaaah.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
R34s

A friend in Japan informs me that there is going to be a "Tsunami" as he called it (tidal wave) of R34s coming into the country as it is coming up to the critical 3 years of their testing and they just get rid of them for obvious reasons due to stringent testing.
But there is quite a bit of confusion out there because of the R35 not really being regarded in the same light as before. But hey that always happens and I bet it will become a classic.
But he said hold onto to your R32s and 33s as they are still so sought after. There will not be anything else like it!
So expect to see a lot of 34s coming in but I reckon this should still hold te vlaue of the UK ones despite a very fickle buyers market. The economy still dictates!

NLW.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I wouldn't bet on a Tsunami - the economy over here is pants too, and many people are taking the Shaken rather than take out more finance for a new car.
You should see the amount of business the gold trade is doing as people take all their cash out of the banks because they don't trust them any more.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You should read

this week's Economist ... they are forecasting possible economic mealtdown in Japan .. ¥200=$1.00, etc. unless the government does something drastic soon :(

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Joss,

You are not wrong - there is a very real possibilty of a very big mess. Should make imports for you guys very cheap though, if Japan can still afford to make anything:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts