GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got flashed and not got NIP since they put in the new cameras....? Internet suggests they are the very latest cameras in UK and can spit out fins in 24 hours and very tightly controlled speed limits?

Did Miss Banzai Tunnel run last night and got flashed - 3AM and not another car on the road and just forgot the one by the 5 lane slip road junction was there and now very long 14 days ;-( Might well be bye bye GT-R......

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Whoopsie.

That Limehouse Link and its cameras are notorious.

It would be just a fine right and no penalty points? Or am I mistaken?

I think I am getting mixed up with bus lane infringements. :(

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoopsie.

That Limehouse Link and its cameras are notorious.

It would be just a fine right and no penalty points? Or am I mistaken?

I think I am getting mixed up with bus lane infringements. :(
Jail?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Maybe if your hands were not on the steering wheel at the time and you were captured instead not only speeding but fondling the two ladies in your Avatar.. LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe if your hands were not on the steering wheel at the time and you were captured instead not only speeding but fondling the two ladies in your Avatar.. LOL.
Nope just one lady with me - she loves the car too but no fondling (at least that would have made me happy) 14 days of misery now and not actually going home until the last day of the 14 so will have all mail waiting for me ;-(

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I saw you last night Rog. I was working on traffic lights down the Highway, on the approach to the Limehouse link tunnel. I was parked on my white Mondeo in the centre of the road with a colleague in a van, then we moved to the BP garage/McDonalds to watch the cars with a coffee as we could see people thought we might be the police and were slowing right down before getting to us :)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw you last night Rog. I was working on traffic lights down the Highway, on the approach to the Limehouse link tunnel. I was parked on my white Mondeo in the centre of the road with a colleague in a van, then we moved to the BP garage/McDonalds to watch the cars with a coffee as we could see people thought we might be the police and were slowing right down before getting to us :)
Hi - met lots of people last night sorry we didn't get to hook up. Police were out in force but generally the ones I spoke to were spot on - one guy got pulled in and Evo I saw but generally everybody was really well behaved and was a great atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
We were supposed to be working but ended up spending a couple of hours just watching cars go up down and around :D I didn't see a single car misbehave, except for a little exhaust noise which I suppose could have annoyed some locals it was very respectable :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Limehouse has had those cams for ages. As I was saying before, loads of people have been flashed in there (including me in 2009) and never got anything. They are very sensitive and will go off at 32mph.

·
Registered
720 Posts
they might go off at 32mph but you wont get a ticket for that speed as they have to allow for your speedo to be out,by 10% plus 2mph if you do get a ticket for speeding and its under 7mph over the speed limit (which is endorsable)you can apply for a driver awareness course which will still incur a fine but no points.

simon

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Anyone got flashed and not got NIP since they put in the new cameras....? Internet suggests they are the very latest cameras in UK and can spit out fins in 24 hours and very tightly controlled speed limits?

Did Miss Banzai Tunnel run last night and got flashed - 3AM and not another car on the road and just forgot the one by the 5 lane slip road junction was there and now very long 14 days ;-( Might well be bye bye GT-R......
What sort of speed were you clocking when the flash went off mate?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I feel your pain Rog. I went out for a blast today (ended up in Scotland!) and missed a camera and a parked up police car as well :chairshot

I didn't see the camera flash tho and I was hard in the brakes so hopefully i got away with that one. Time will tell!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they might go off at 32mph but you wont get a ticket for that speed as they have to allow for your speedo to be out,by 10% plus 2mph if you do get a ticket for speeding and its under 7mph over the speed limit (which is endorsable)you can apply for a driver awareness course which will still incur a fine but no points.

simon
What are speed bandings for bad things to happen? Just for information does anyone know?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Secondary camera/ radar detectors are getting tp be a must....really still thinking I need an electric garage door opener!

Hope you both don't see any post in the next couple of weeks!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel your pain Rog. I went out for a blast today (ended up in Scotland!) and missed a camera and a parked up police car as well :chairshot

I didn't see the camera flash tho and I was hard in the brakes so hopefully i got away with that one. Time will tell!
Ouch - I was hard on brakes too and was drifting left too to get off to the roundabout meet up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been flashed in that tunnel, and didn't get anything. Cannot remember what speed I was doing, but it was middle of the day with traffic so nothing too crazy.

This was 2010 though, so maybe the cameras have changed?

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
What are speed bandings for bad things to happen? Just for information does anyone know?
Roger
APCO guidelines are speed limit + 10% + 2mph.
So 35 in a 30, 46 in a 40, 57 in a 50, 68 in a 60 and 79 in a 70.
You should also factor in the majority of speedos overread by up to 10%.

Bare minimum for an exceedence is £60 fine and three points. If you are offered that and were more than 20mph over the speed limit I'd shut my mouth and take it if I were you, don't bitch about speed awareness courses and the like. 3 points will be minimal on your insurance anyway.

Worst scenario is you are summonsed to court. They then have 6 months to lay the offence. Unfortunately they often do this about a week before the deadline. Then fines and points can obviously be subject to what they allege you were doing in comparison with the speed limit.

Incidently, a NIP must satisfy: 14 day delivery (including bank holidays and weekends), and must be precise to within 4 miles of place of alleged offence. i.e. they can't say 'A1 North', they have to specify junction etc.

Feel for you, easy to let your guard down particularly that time of day. But take heart a flash does not always mean you were speeding and doesn't always mean a ticket.

·
Registered
754 Posts
You're cool Sambo, it was a Gatso and they are rear facing.
Dunno what the static 4x4 was doing, blues on; the bloke in the flourescent jacket visibly stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at what the noise was coming from though!

Good luck Rog.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts