GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Doing some homework on the Link G4, as the car it looks like I am buying is fitted with one.

My question is - As it's a standalone EMS, and given that it was presumably brought out after 2001, so *should* theoretically support the OBD2 protocol, is anyone using a Link G4 with the Torque app on their Android device? And if so, how are you connecting Torque to the Link G4? The car in question is an R32, so I am assuming it doesn't have an OBD2 port?

Cheers in advance

Dave

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Hi All,

Doing some homework on the Link G4, as the car it looks like I am buying is fitted with one.

My question is - As it's a standalone EMS, and given that it was presumably brought out after 2001, so *should* theoretically support the OBD2 protocol, is anyone using a Link G4 with the Torque app on their Android device? And if so, how are you connecting Torque to the Link G4? The car in question is an R32, so I am assuming it doesn't have an OBD2 port?

Cheers in advance

Dave
I cannot answer your question directly, though I suspect that you'd need some sort bluetooth sender for the Link ECU, perhaps plugging into the 'Link port' on the ECU. Might be worth a question of the Link forum.

Alternatively Link do a plug in device called Displaylink (I think) which will most likely do all that you want. I've no idea what they cost (though I had a look about a little while back) but they look quite snazzy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I am waiting on confirmation of which model G4 the car has. Gijsje, yeah insee I see on the features matrix on the Link site that OBD is available as an optional extra on all G4+ models... Hoping it's a G4+ on the car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts