GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just fitted my Link G4 while i wait for some parts to finish off my single turbo conversion.

Where is the best place to route the piping for the internal map sensor? Through the drives side, or passenger side?

What source should i plump it into as well?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Abbey done mine on the driver side. They did it so well I couldn't even find where the hole was to feed some wires through

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Abbey done mine on the driver side. They did it so well I couldn't even find where the hole was to feed some wires through
Drivers side for mine too. Utilised an existing run to the (aftermarket) boost gauge.

3,665 Posts
Make sure all the pipework you connect you map sensor pipework into is in good condition.

If you drop the rear inner wheel arch liner out your see a nice large grommit to push the pipework through. We use plastic pipe not rubber pipe.

If you send me a email to [email protected] with you contact details I will send you some plastic pipe free of charge.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Make sure all the pipework you connect you map sensor pipework into is in good condition.

If you drop the rear inner wheel arch liner out your see a nice large grommit to push the pipework through. We use plastic pipe not rubber pipe.

If you send me a email to [email protected] with you contact details I will send you some plastic pipe free of charge.

Thanks
Thanks Mark,

Will drop you an e-mail now. So will T'ing it into the boost controller pipe be OK? Or is there somewhere on the engine thats better to use?

3,665 Posts
Has to read vac as well as pressure.

If you have the stock cars breather system removed it is an good idea to pick the map pressure source from the centre of the balance pipe.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there any guides on removing the stock breather system and whether you need to replace it with something else.

Also, how do you plum twin wastegates in? The same as one but tee it onto two?

3,665 Posts
Presume you don't have a breather tank system fitted at all?

Was you planning to run a breather system?

Something like our breather tanks will work well.

you need to blank off the passenger side cam cover fitting that goes to the rear turbo breather.

The forward facing breather fittings go to the Abbey breather tank fittings.

The stock one way valve as below needs chnaging;

You dont need a Abbey Catch tank but the same idea re pipework.

Plastic pipe will leave today;

To plumb twin gates yes just split the pipework but keep the spurs from the T piece's to
the gates the same length.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mark.

I wasnt planning on fitting a different breather system...

Can i just remove that one way valve and fit a barb anyway or will it only work with the old breather system removed?

3,665 Posts
no you just cant remove the one way valve I am afraid;

What are you going to do with the breather that comes from the exhaust cam rear breather connection that goes to the rear turbo? the stock system needs this to work properly?

If your running a big single I a feel a breather system it definitely needed.

Just plumb the Map sensor line into the take off connection from the rear of the plenum joining pipe.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no you just cant remove the one way valve I am afraid;

What are you going to do with the breather that comes from the exhaust cam rear breather connection that goes to the rear turbo? the stock system needs this to work properly?

If your running a big single I a feel a breather system it definitely needed.

Just plumb the Map sensor line into the take off connection from the rear of the plenum joining pipe.
I'm not sure, I had a look around and saw a few people putting a small air filter on it. I guess that isnt a good idea?

Sorry mate, but can you be more specific on that point regarding the take off connection? I literally dont have a clue with any of this. I have been dumped deep, deep, DEEP in the deep end with this.

3,665 Posts

Re the breather pipe. If you run the one way valve still you cant run the exhaust cam cover breather pipe open as it will pull un measure air into the plenum when in vacuum.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! I did have a feeling it would be that one! That is the one for the internal boost gauge isn't it?

OK, i will have to have a think about the breather system but its way out of my price range at the moment :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts