GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realise this may be unrealistic, as anyone who does have a Link would probably see no reason to get rid of it since it's a darn good ecu...

however....due to my limited funds, I am unable to afford a new one at the moment, so if anyone has or are looking to sell a used Link G4 for an R33, I would be highly interested.

ta very much :wavey:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awww mannnn.. :(
thnx for the comments.

I currently have a pfc d-jet and the car is running like crap sometimes and was thinking of getting it mapped but rather than spend 400 on on the mapping, thought if I could get hold of a second hand link g4, then i could map that and be happy with it for ages to come......looks like that might not happen then for the time being unless someone magically turns up with a good priced g4......

:sadwavey:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Link & Vipec have revamped their lines so all the same model ecus have new/more features... so you might get one cheap from someone wanting to upgrade :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
already done dude (Mistr Antz on fb) ;)

now I wait your advice regarding this ... :squintdan

see ya :smokin:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Link & Vipec have revamped their lines so all the same model ecus have new/more features... so you might get one cheap from someone wanting to upgrade :)
Thats only for the Xtreme/Storm/Atom and the Vipec equivalents. They have not released a G4+ plugin yet.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Not a bad price but factor in the knock sensor/block, if you wanted to run it, it soon adds up.
Not sure you need a boost sensor or can run via your own controller?
Approx £1600 all in plus mapping.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When i spoke to MGT a little while ago, they told me I don't necessarily need knock block at the amount of power I am going to push out with my 2860-5s. If it has been mapped properly then I should't need to worry about knock block.

The only additional thing that would be nice to have would be an AEM or Innovate Wideband AFR to run closed loop which is around 150 inc vat from ebay.

I would like to keep my existing boost controller....i like having gizmos in my car lol...but i realise i could get rid of it for some money and let the G4 control boost.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I have called Paul at Zen Performance after reading a lot of good things about them and he was very helpful and said he can map the d-jet no problem. I was happy with his response and seriously considered it, but then talked to MGT just out of curiosity and their advice regarding link and pfc has got me weighing up my options at the moment, hence the enquiry regarding a g4.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have a Link G4 and AEM wideband. If i had to spend the money again i would go for the same.

And you dont need the knock block!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a Link G4 and AEM wideband. If i had to spend the money again i would go for the same.

And you dont need the knock block!
If you don't mind me asking...how much did the link g4 and aem wideband cost you, fitted and mapped?

the aem wideband, is that used for close loop boost control only?

If so, I suppose I don't really need the profec b? :rolleyes:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If you don't mind me asking...how much did the link g4 and aem wideband cost you, fitted and mapped?

the aem wideband, is that used for close loop boost control only?

If so, I suppose I don't really need the profec b? :rolleyes:

Thanks
A wide band can't be used for boost control..
You need a boost control solenoid for that.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
uhhmmm...i forget what the purpose of the wideband was now? I remember MGT mentioned it's to run in closed loop...but closed loop what? doh! :chairshot

1 - 20 of 36 Posts