GTR Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
uhhmmm...i forget what the purpose of the wideband was now? I remember MGT mentioned it's to run in closed loop...but closed loop what? doh! :chairshot
It's a lambda sensor so it reads air/fuel mixture.
So you can run closed loop lambda control and hopefully always have correct fuel mixture.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I Think your best optoin would be gat a packag deal from a tuner, supply and map. you will get a better deal than bits from here parts from there then get someone to map it.
I Had a link fitted and mapped by Mgt. the car used less fuel and ran better than when it was totally stock. And that was with no o2 feedback whatsoever as my oxygen sensor was ****ed lol.
The boost control on the link is fantastic and was always rock steady at 1.1 bar. selling my z32afm and boost controller also got me back best part of £250.00

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I agree with you and that is probably the route I will take. I am going to try and cost up my pfc d-jet and profec b and try to figure out how much I can save.

But in honesty, I will miss my profec....purely cos I like to have gadgets with cool lights in my car lol

Thanks

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
If you don't mind me asking...how much did the link g4 and aem wideband cost you, fitted and mapped?

the aem wideband, is that used for close loop boost control only?

If so, I suppose I don't really need the profec b? :rolleyes:

Thanks
I did actually get my Link second hand and it came with 3 PLX sensors but im only using one. I paid £1200

AEM Wideband is for closed loop AFR control. £160 delivered from eBay brand new

I have a MAC solenoid for closed loop boost control which i bought from eBay from a company in America. The MAC solenoids are exactly the same as what Greddy use in the Profec B spec II and Apexi in theirs. - £40 delivered from USA (i think) and brand new.

Mapping is £450 but that hasn't been done yet.

I fitted everything to my car myself though so have no labour costs.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I did actually get my Link second hand and it came with 3 PLX sensors but im only using one. I paid £1200

AEM Wideband is for closed loop AFR control. £160 delivered from eBay brand new

I have a MAC solenoid for closed loop boost control which i bought from eBay from a company in America. The MAC solenoids are exactly the same as what Greddy use in the Profec B spec II and Apexi in theirs. - £40 delivered from USA (i think) and brand new.

Mapping is £450 but that hasn't been done yet.

I fitted everything to my car myself though so have no labour costs.

Very useful. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I was looking at Innovate wideband and AEM ones also.......the AEM ones seem cheaper in ebay, so I might stick with that. I am sure they are both as good as each other.

I don't have a clue about wiring these things and further, I am not looking forward to feeding cables in and out of the firewall from cabin to engine bay....

Cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Imo this is just unnecessary ball ache, the car just needs a decent map and the boost setup correctly.... Job done. Mines similar spec to yours and you loved it with the power off, once its mapped up next weds il take you out again and you'll see whats possible...

Once mapped it will be ok on fuel so long as you arent hacking it everywhere

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Imo this is just unnecessary ball ache, the car just needs a decent map and the boost setup correctly.... Job done. Mines similar spec to yours and you loved it with the power off, once its mapped up next weds il take you out again and you'll see whats possible...

Once mapped it will be ok on fuel so long as you arent hacking it everywhere
Point taken. And tbh I think after having spoke to Zen Perf recently, their quote for pfc is quite good so for the time being I might just go with them. Although it seems more tuners are willing to map the your L-jetro type as opposed to my D-jetro (and I remember MGT mentioned, it takes much longer to map the d-jet to the right accuracy and economy as you can to the l-jet).

I will take you up on that offer after your mapping. Seeing as how similar our engine and turbo specs are, I am hoping mine will scare the crap out of me as yours did last time :squintdan

ta matey :thumbsup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I spoke to simon roe from RGM, hes more than happy to do yours, hes doing mine on weds at surrey rolling road, 11am, your more than welcome to pop down with me

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I spoke to simon roe from RGM, hes more than happy to do yours, hes doing mine on weds at surrey rolling road, 11am, your more than welcome to pop down with me
Having some dyno plots would be nice as Zen do their mapping on the road and its extra if I have to take to the dyno.

Been trying to get in touch with Simon today, but just voicemail....need to get a solid quote.

Either way, I certainly do like to come down when you take your car there. 26th right?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Email him dude, thats what i did as hes pretty busy.

Yeah 26th come join, give me a text or call if you want to come down
cool, will definitely come down...unless something unplanned comes up.

will send you a text on tuesday to let you know. :thumbsup:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts