GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i missed out on a bargain syvdcs s6 so i want my car
On the road by crimbo is a link g4 a decdnt fallback ? All om after rrally is maf less and accurate power
Regards
Nath

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Link is awesome, a brilliant ECU.

Syvecs is currently the new ECU on the market so its your choice.

·
Registered
926 Posts
From what I know now. Syvecs is a much more flexible ecu with a data logging facility that is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. The new link ecu has greater data logging capability than its predecessor making it a great choice for tuners and mappers. I think the link would be more than addiquite unless your wanting to go to a complete stand alone ecu for an all out race car?

Hope this helps

Regards James.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thats helpful like i say i want t run mafless and going for around 600 power wise
Just want t be sure its a step in the right direction and semi future proof im guessing
Its better than the apexi i gog rid of anyhow

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The Link is also a good ECU mate, it just lacks a couple of features that the Syvecs does (like knock control) but it will certainly be a step up from the one you have now.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm now im in doubt as knock control is a very good feature i had that on my scooby ***55357;***56883;

3,665 Posts
Link can run knock control either by using an external knock box or running a G4+ Link ECU (built in knock control) with conversion loom.

You can run the Link the the AEM trigger wheel to tidy the RPM Signal up as well.

thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mark helpful info there why do people pay so much more for the syvecs? What in real workd terms
Does it do better

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I hear fcon ard ok but limited tuners main things im after are mafless and anti lag capable and
reliability of course

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
Cheers mark helpful info there why do people pay so much more for the syvecs? What in real workd terms
Does it do better
I'm no expert but have a think about what an ECU does

In essence it is a device which times the engine (i.e. works out at what stage in the cycle the engine is at). Once you know where you are in the cycle you can start to do things based on that information (e.g. fire the spark plugs, squirt in fuel)

Once you have that going on you can start to add in more parameters. For example how much air is going into the engine. You cross reference that against where the engine cycle is and maybe change what you are doing (e.g. more fuel).

A better ECU is more likely to gather more information, more often. The higher the resolution the more capture and modification points you have.

Next up is inputs. How much data beyond the timing does the device capture? Can the ECU then act upon the information that these inputs are supplying (maybe the ECU will restrict rpm whilst the engine temp is low/cold or if oil pressure isn't good). Can also be used to things like ABS sensor input to work out if the wheels are spinning and then cut back the ingition i.e. traction control.

Outputs. What else can the ECU control? Maybe you have an exhaust valve or a v-cam? Maybe just an electric cooling fan. Would you like to plug a race dash in or just do some data logging.

In an ideal world you'd have everything above and be converting your car to a fly by wire throttle etc. In the realworld you don't need/want to spend the money required as the gains aren't worth chasing.

Hope that this helps

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks cris very good answer i think i have my answer as a fast road setup itll never see the track maybe the odd santa pod run so i guess for the money a link with cas trigger kit will be ample

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,193 Posts
Thanks cris very good answer i think i have my answer as a fast road setup itll never see the track maybe the odd santa pod run so i guess for the money a link with cas trigger kit will be ample
I went for the Link plug in. For me it did enough. I'm sure that a Syvecs with triggeer kit would be a better unit but (but for me not worth the additional cost).

The comment about mappers is also worth consideration.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Syvecs are so much better... In so many ways...
Just use a tuner who can map them..

I had a fuel pipe blow off on a twin pump set up..
I gave it some beans and I hit a fuel trip... Checked a few things and it ran lean due one pump blowing the feed pipe off..
If that was link/HKS/apexi etc it would of melted my engine...
Worth the extra expense... Definitely!
For 300-400 pounds more i saved a rebuild!
It really is a No brainer
Regards rich

3,665 Posts
Is it really £300/£400 more thou?

You can run the Syvecs with the AEM trigger wheel with good result s, that will save some cash;

Your need Oil pressure and fuel pressure senders and wiring and a Map sensor to allow the Syvecs to work and run oil/fuel pressure trips; This adds £300-00 in parts alone then you need fitting?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts