GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have many logs emails to back this up which I shall keep. I feel I need to share my story for others as we don't always hear what's happening

I bought a built gtr Nov 2020 from vg performance cars. built by AC.

It had a over fuelling issue that I didn't know about when I bought it.

Contacted ac who done their best with logs and said vvti seals. Vg said to ring around for quotes as under warranty so I did off it went to KR. Which I paid 拢155 transport fee. Avoid vg cars by all means

KR Who fixed fuelling was vvti seals and I had 1050cc injectors fitted as had 1300cc.

Linney remapped it as i wasn't happy with the map they had car 1 month KR kept fobbing me off map not ready...
got it back home temp hit 85. revs from 1k to 2k idle was 12.7afr.

Try to Contact KR via phone, wotsapp and email linney says they had no contact... sent logs several wks later after I spent 30hrs working on car trying to fix. Back up to KR several remaps by linney he wouldn't admit it was his map albert told me and the look on his face . and a test drive all OK.

Back home idle afr 12.7 and eng light on during WOT.

Sent logs he didn't know problems.

Said leave car at shop to look at I mean 1 month already.

By now I've had enough. linneys attitude
very unprofessional. I asked on dct fb group with a log for help. Linney email me I quote.. you want my help don't post on public forum.

So I went with another tuner dimitri I knew nothing about him but...

Sent him logs we had a chat discussing faults. Fast forward

Loaded base map well that was lovely done more mapping found it was overboosting diagnosed faulty wastegate fixed that.

Then eng light on again misfire over 1.5bar. Diagnosed that now fixed.

All of this took several wks and msgs to dimitri on Saturdays.. and late evenings.

All of these faults were on the car when linney mapped it but didn't see it.. he just added to it with poor map and ignorance.

Dimitri has been an absolute gent even when in hospital was helping me.

Lesson learned I will never use linney again. AC done their best, KR also but hat off to dimitri.

I'm about 拢1500 diwn with all combined from linney

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Vendor
My friends a tuner and mapper and he often states that most cars have issues that need resolving before any mapping can commence, boost leaks are a favourite, then people turn up with cars with no fuel or mot on them and often untaxed All could be fixed before hand then money is not being wasted.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friends a tuner and mapper and he often states that most cars have issues that need resolving before any mapping can commence, boost leaks are a favourite, then people turn up with cars with no fuel or mot on them and often untaxed All could be fixed before hand then money is not being wasted.
Well linney picked up none of this dimitri did no difference in the car at the time just saying.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can this is when I asked dct group for help reading log he wasn't named at the time and had no reply for 2 days

Registered
Matty32 commenting about customer service, oh the irony, comedy gold.
The truth is most of us have good/bad reviews but only some are based on facts; others a vendetta.

Premium Member
Before this goes south I've dealt with a load of people in tuning up and down the country and by far the two best ones are Dimitri and Romain from Racecal. Brilliant customer service, even helping out of hours with tweaks (nothing to do with faults) and general queries and when I apologise with "I know you must be busy.." you will get responses like "Don't worry its just my job...." Very much akin to top customer service industries.
I have dealt with Linney and I'm not going to go into a war but lets just say, it is better to get your car mapped with Dimitri or Romain.

Everyone should know its the age of social media and instant feedback you cant maintain poor customer service for long without losing customers.

Anyway glad things now sorted out.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Before this goes south I've dealt with a load of people in tuning up and down the country and by far the two best ones are Dimitri and Romain from Racecal. Brilliant customer service, even helping out of hours with tweaks (nothing to do with faults) and general queries and when I apologise with "I know you must be busy.." you will get responses like "Don't worry its just my job...." Very much akin to top customer service industries.
I have dealt with Linney and I'm not going to go into a war but lets just say, it is better to get your car mapped with Dimitri or Romain.

Everyone should know its the age of social media and instant feedback you cant maintain poor customer service for long without losing customers.

Anyway glad things now sorted out.
Agreed always had great support from dimi

Registered
I have had the same issues with Linney, don't want talk about it , but I had a good 9 hour round trip and an overnight stay this Tuesday and I now have a map.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have had the same issues with Linney, don't want talk about it , but I had a good 9 hour round trip and an overnight stay this Tuesday and I now have a map.
Surprisingly there's quite a few people who have had issues with him.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts