GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't want to use this forum to promote my stuff (where have I heard that before?)
I am now the Sole UK distributor for MOTUL OIL. I got the idea from the chap in NZ and thought I would give it a go as he rated it.

I didn't want to print this until 1st October but could not wait.
I have, for the past 15 years, used Valvoline engine oil but my last 2 barrels changed; it didn't seem to stick like it used to.

I was changing it in my Skyline when I noticed the oil pressure stated to drop from 6 bar at idle cold to 5.5 bar cold and to just under 3 bar hot. This was occurring every 300mls I put it down to the fact it was just over fuelling as I was still setting up (and still am).

It concerned me; I started to wonder about different oils and contacted Mike Pearson from GP Automotive, seller of Motul.
He gave me some engine and some gearbox and some power steering oil and some engine coolant. I duly fitted it all to my car and wizzo oil pressure from cold at idle7.3 bar when running at oil temp 88 deg, pressure at idle 4 bar, oil press at 4000 rpm 6.5 bar, over 4000 press above 7 bar. Covered 1000 mls absolutely no change. Am going to run 2000 mls and drop it to see the colour.

The gearbox oil was equally as startling clunk, clank, bonk, this situation has halved and when driving ... silk and when cold, silk. NO noises, it is in my diffs and transfer box and power steering and cooling system.

So all 180 members and All GTR garages and anyone else who visits this site, put your hands in your pockets and start ordering the best investment that your car could ever have.

Don't start asking about viscosities, etc. just buy the stuff. It is the best oil in the world because it is ESTER based, fully synthetic and all the other oil companies laughed at MOTUL for going this route 5 years ago but now they are starting to put Ester parts in their oils. They can't put full ester in because MOTUL have all the patents on the Ester base.

Which seems to ring a bell with my company!
Gary Passingham
GTART.CO.UK
D.E.M.S. ltd

FAX ORDERS ONLY 01273 494439 tell me what you want and I will cost up first

THE FUTURETIVE

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I have to agree with you on that one! I have been using Motul for about 6 months now, and was amazed at the difference it made.
Seems to be the most popular oil here for GTRs...mind you it's not easy to find!!??

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
liquid gold

Dino ,
it is now i have tonns of the stuff 300 le mans, thanks for your imput
regards
Gary

·
Registered
172 Posts
Re Liquid gold

Hi Gary

I know the guys at Storrington brought my car to you for the service, did you put a can of this stuff in the car? If not let me know. Car still with them as aircon is FCuk'd and they found that the viscous coupling and therefore fan twisted @ 6250rpm giving a nasty graunching sound. Parts arrive next week hopefully!

Rgds Ian

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Liquid gold

Hi ian,
this oil is not in your car,very surprised you hav not got your car back yet i could get those parts in 24 hrs,
Stewart,
please use the fax number in my thread and i will send you some
i am glad you are excited
regards
Gary

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Liquid gold

Stewart,
it at the top of the page mate
regards
Gary:)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Motul oil.

Motul advertising can be seen in most Races in GT3,now I Know what it is I better try some Gary........:D

Henry.
:p

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Motul

Hi Gary

Have done some research myself,

Which oil is it you are putting in the Skyline ? ? ?

300 V POWER RACING 5W30
300 V POWER 5W40
300 V CHRONO 10W40
300 V COMPETITION 15W50
300 V LE MANS 15W60

All the above oils are 100% SYNTHETIC and Ester based.

I use 300V Competition in my bikes.

I am a little confused :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please help

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Liquid gold

Alan,
my oil is made by Motul it is 300v i have plenty of it do you want some.
If you get it from me there is no confusion:)
regards
Gary
GTART.CO.UK

THE FUTURETIVE

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Liquid Gold THE DEAL

Hi Chaps,
in answer to dave on the thread regarding noises in transfer box all i can say is it wont make it any worse if Motul is used.
I have been in negotiations with Motul and can now publish this deal for the benifit of you all,if you dont want it fair enough no worrys!
The motul oil I recommend is 300v competition 15W50
Its main use is for 24 hr endurance races,desert races,rallys, tuned engines in which power is higly supireor to origonal spec and in engines causing an oil DILUTION by FUEL.
It is used and backed by
JAGUAR,NISMO,VENTURI,BMW France,

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pressed the wrong damm button

TOYOTA France,Kremer PORSCHE, Larbre competition, Courage competition, Dessouude NISSAN, Sonauto PORSCHE and Me:)

The ESTER synthetic bases and anti friction bases significantly increase the oil film resitance and reduce the friction, maintaining the oil pressure and genrally Decreasing the operating temp of the engine
They also help against coke faction,oil dilution by fuel and provide high oil pressure and limit its consumption.

I can supply this to you all for the bargain price of £29.99 inc for 4 ltrs
I can only ship oil in case quantitys, a case has 4x4 ltr packs but for next ish day delivery it will only cost you £6.00 for 25kgs uk 1 case weighs less than this,
Payment in advance Fax orders Only
01273 494439
regards
Gary
PS Peter E pls fax your address as i would like you to try the 587 deg dry boiling point non silicone racing brake fluid free of charge for your evaluation at your next track day:smokin:

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Done Gary, thanks.

Spookily enough, after some much needed advice from Mark at Abbey, I am just about to finish fitting AP 6 pots to my car, hopefully today. I'll leave changing the fluid until Friday now. What is the low down on the fluid. At 587C BP, that's higher than even SRF....?

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Brake fluid.

Gary,

The Motul RBF600 arrived today, thanks. I had to get the car back on the road on Friday (withdrawal symptoms were getting much too bad) so I used the Mintex C-Tech Blue but will change it for the Motul before the track day.

Incidentally, for a comparison, these are the relative boiling points for Motul, Mintex C-Tech and SRF:

Motul RBF600: Dry BP. 312C. Wet BP. 216C.
C-Tech Blue: Dry BP 280C. Wet BP. 195C.
Castrol SRF: Dry BP ?C. Wet BP. +260C.

The C-Tech Blue is around £12/lt, SRF is £39/lt :eek:, how much is the Motul?

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brake fluid

Hi peter,
it should of got to you friday sorry about that but at least you can now compare,the motul will cost £12.31 per ltr inclusive
will see you at the track day am trying to get stuart shumacer along with his stager could be interesting hmmm.
regards
Gary:)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Brake fluid.

Thanks Gary.

Seems a good price for it. You'd better help me out here; what am I looking for apart from it not boiling? Are there any other qualities that I should be looking for?

I haven't heard from you or Stuart about attending the track day. If you are intending to, cheques need to be in by this Friday (5th) as at that stage it's being opened up to other makes... :)

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Stu Schumacker

Gary,

You talking about me:confused: :confused: . If so, Peter the cheque is in the post:) :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts