GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Litchfield and Milltek are once again teaming up and will be attending JAPFEST tomorrow at Castle Combe Race Circuit :)

JAPFEST is Europes biggest Japanese car show with over 15,000 Japanese car enthusiasts expecting to attend. From the thousands of display cars representing the UKs major clubs to the largest trade and exhibition area; coupled with the on track action and this show never ceases to amaze.

On our stand will be our 860bhp R35 GTR Demonstrator, our freshly modified Nissan Juke 1.6DIG-T and a Stage 2 upgraded R35 GTR. We will have all our latest Milltek GTR products on display and will be available to talk about all aspects of GTR ownership.

We look forward to seeing you there :)

Regards

Iain

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Anyone go? What was it like?
Pictures are in the Post Event Chat section of the forum.
The event was very well attended, fortunately we stayed overnight at a local B&B as the queues were horrendous getting in according to some people, several complaints on various sites that it took some people 3hrs to get in!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ouch! Thanks for the note. I was going to go myself as I live quite close, but was prevented leaving early and having heard the traffic news I gave it a miss - maybe just as well!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi - Nice to meet you Iain, i was one of the lucky ones who got in early with only about 5 mins queuing, albeit at 7:15..

I personally was extremely dissapointed with the GTR turnout, there were only a handfull of cars, no club banner,Markee, nothing, we were allocated a crap spot and personally it didn't look like any thought had gone into the GTR event at all..If other GTR events are similar in nature then i for one will not be attending!

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

We had a great day at Castle Combe and it was good to see so many customers old and new :wavey:

It was a shame to hear that is was so difficult to get in and the GTR owner’s club stand was so far away. I didn’t get a chance to get off the stand much but it was right around the other side of the track by all accounts :(

Everyone who visited the stand seemed to like our GTR's new Matt Silver wrap and the Jukes new exhaust :)

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I'm loving those wheels on the R35 Iain. What are they? And how much are they?!

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Ouch! Thanks for the note. I was going to go myself as I live quite close, but was prevented leaving early and having heard the traffic news I gave it a miss - maybe just as well!

Wish I had !!! I was the Litchfield Stage 2 car supposes to be on Iain’s stand. After getting up at 6-00am, and getting off the M4 at J17 in 50 mins, we then qued and qued and qued for 4 HOURS !!!
We didn't even get to Tiddlywinks (the small village before Castle Combe) My friends R34 was starting to overheat and I was overheating too, the bloody access to CC is bad at the best of times.
As I say at 12-45 we realised that another 4 miles equated to another 3 to 4 hours of queing, so we had to do what I have never done for a car event before and turn around.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing and not learn from your mistakes, well I think after £75-00 worth of fuel and not getting there we did the right thing in the end
I have already apologised to Iain and Opie Oils. As for the GTROC stand, yes guys it all started going downhill for us a couple of years ago when the Japfest "organisers" moved us from "our" prime spot, I wasn’t involved this year, but something MUST be done or I for one will not be attending again.
This is the first Japfest I have ever missed since it started, the same as Trax , these events are just getting to big for their boots, well at CC they are !!
We helped an Asda Articulated lorry do a three point turn on the A420 and then guided a horse box along the opposite side of the road on the B4039 as the horse was in pain and needed to get to a vets, not good. Sorry all, but car is very clean and shiny !!!!

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
They do a Japfest 2 but thats at Donington on July 8th, better access, but a long way.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I think they need to put this event on at somewhere much better, brands or silverstone maybe.
Couldn't agree more. I was another that threw in the towel and aborted. Surely the organisers know how many tickets they have pre-sold, they know the capacity of the ground and therefore can then limit the number of tickets they sell on the day to keep numbers sensible? Or is that too simple? Seems like it's a case of greed to me, as in f*ck the public, lets just get as many tickets sold as we can!

Anyway, glad I chose against it in the end as I had a cracking morning's drive and stopped off at Dick Lovett in Swindon; this week they had Chris Harris' 911 GT3 RS 4.0 in, Harry Metcalfe's old Ferrari (in pristine condition) and loads of different stuff to drool over (SLS being my pick on the day). One chap and his kids had just turned up to collect their new 458 which was under a cover at the front of the showroom. I love going over there; it's like going to a super car show but without the crowds. Anyway, I'm mumbling...

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Karls, good job I didn't join you as I would have been tempted as there is some lovely metal there !!!

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Nope, they look good on mine !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts