GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had one of these fitted? Thinking about doing a Stage 2 and was thinking of going with the Litchfield exhaust rather than Militek. Would like a better sound than standard without going too noisy with drone.

I have a MY12 so hoping for close to 600/600 if I do it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
errr, what is the Litchfield exhust ? as I thought and know Litchfield is a dealer / supplier of Miltek exhaust ?

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
or is it a badged Miltek one ? I need to give Iain a call :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have been running one (or only) of the Litchfield prototype 102's for quite some time. Very good sound, not too loud around town and mostly good clearance (and my car is lower than what Iain normally sets most cars with his suspension kits).

·
Registered
449 Posts
are you not scrapping on certain humps? mines been lowered with only a 90mm system and occasionally the centre of it scrapes on humps? couldnt go to 102mm even if i wanted to coz id have no exhaust left. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
I trialled the super silent one today for the first time. It's astounding.

Incredibly quiet and didn't stop me making just short of 800bhp.

With milltek down pipes it is quieter than stock on cruise, and probably on boost too but the sound is what the gtr should be. So impressed. Track friendly, it's going to be popular.

·
Registered
449 Posts
do you think if i put downpipes on my car it will fail a noise test, that would be with the 90mm miltek system i already have?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

With milltek down pipes it is quieter than stock on cruise, and probably on boost too but the sound is what the gtr should be. So impressed. Track friendly, it's going to be popular.
Don't want it to be quieter just want the car to sound more menacing without doing my head in. Stock just sounds a little, well, how do I put it, it should sound like a car with 550bhp, if that makes any sense.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts

That is good to know, which is why I went the route I did after talking with Iain about exhaust systems and Track days. At that time the 90mm Miltek SS system was suggested and fitted - I can even pass the stupendous Bedford 87db drive by!!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Don't want it to be quieter just want the car to sound more menacing without doing my head in. Stock just sounds a little, well, how do I put it, it should sound like a car with 550bhp, if that makes any sense.
Milltek and downpipes sounds awesome when gunning it but strangely quieter at normal rpm

·
Registered
449 Posts
have you got that setup henry or have you been in a car with it? il have to cruise down at some point and have a listen if you have! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts