GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I

The turbos are the Garrett cored GT28s that Litchfield developed and use on their Stage 5 and upto LM850 conversions. Set at 1.5Bar (which they will do all day with v low intake temps) they will make 775-780bhp.

With a built engine (forged rods as a minimum) you can then ramp them upto 1.8Bar in the midrange tapering to 1.65Bar. This will give ~850bhp on V Power, 880bhp on race fuel or 900bhp on E85. Not to mention a shed load of torque.

They have less than 5000miles on them and have been used just for just over a year. They spool extremely well (similar to standard) Full boost by 3800rpm from memory.

They cost £5200 and I had to exchange my standard turbos in.

I am looking for £3000 and no turbo exchange, so you could sell your turbos on, which depending on condition are worth around £1000.

That's about all my knowledge on them, anything else, please feel free to contact Iain at Litchfield and he can fill you in and verify their condition too.

The turbos are currently on the car at Litchfield, but will be coming off very soon, this week hopefully. Only reason for selling is that I am going for a turbo+manifold kit.

Thanks,

Will.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Good price Will. What are you replacing them with?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully some EFR7163's. Spec still being put together, but it will definitely involve Litchfields new turbo kit.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hi Will, wondered if you would ever post on these forums. Are you still shacked up with Toni? Say hi from Alex. P.s. I am back in Herts for a while with a baby SVM650R.

Me you and cannon should go for a beer.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I really want these but I'm off to BMW Sytner Leicester today to collect a car for the wife for Valentines day and with her deciding to overhaul most of the house my wallet has ran away empty :mad:

That said with getting her a new car I could comfortably buy these without her moaning at me spending money on the car :chuckle:

When you run these I presume you need ideally a FMIC and few other bits? (I'm currently Stage 4 with downpipes)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TBH the FMIC isn't drastically required (Stage 4.5 turbo upgrade does not include one). As far as I am aware anyone at Stage 4 with D/Pipes could fit these and a set of fuel pumps, adjust the map to suit and you have 750bhp on tap. Plus have some headroom for future power increases if you did fit Intercooler, do an engine build etc.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Very tempted, didn't like the idea of stage 4.5 because to then go 5 I'd have to sell the existing turbo's makes sense to jump that bit altogether.

I'll have a word with the Bank of Andy tomorrow (aka wife) after she has here new car and hopefully will not be to bothered of me spending more on the GT-R.

Car is booked in at Litchfield shortly as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts