GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon guys,
I am planning to install a DCT cooler and I was looking at the Litchfield site and wondering
if any of you guys are running the Litchfield gearbox cooler .
Hks , greedy alpha etc all have the core up front and this particular one has it at the rear.
They claim its very effective on keeping the temps down on the track but would like to get some proper honest feedback before going ahead buying it.
Thanks in advance 馃憤馃徏

Vendor
I have the diff and gearbox coolers although not fitted to a car.

Best setup in my option for packaging, leaves the front end open for water cooling. You can switch them on and off unlike the hks kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have the diff and gearbox coolers although not fitted to a car.

Best setup in my option for packaging, leaves the front end open for water cooling. You can switch them on and off unlike the hks kit.
Thanks for your reply.
Why don鈥檛 you have them installed?
I

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Seems hardly none of you are running this DCT cooler setup.
Makes me rethink if I should go with the HKS which has been on the market for years and seems to work pretty well on Trackdays.
Hard decision 馃ぃ

Registered
I was not very happy with all of them.
Most dont use an external Oil Pump, so the oil is cooling every time and in normal use you hardly get 80 degrees.
When you got an external pump the other materials are not very good, like the gearbox oil pan.
So in the end I build a own cooling system :D
External Oilpump starting @ 100 degrees (should only run on track) Oilpan from Mad Sweden (very nice quality) cooler from Mishimoto. 10mm aluminum hardpiping build on my own.
All mountings I build on my own and powder coated them.
Everything fits fine!
So why dont build a own system with no compromise ;-)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Most dont use an external Oil Pump, so the oil is cooling every time and in normal use you hardly get 80 degrees.
When you got an external pump the other materials are not very good, like the gearbox oil pan.
External Oilpump starting @ 100 degrees (should only run on track) Oilpan from Mad Sweden (very nice quality) cooler from Mishimoto. 10mm aluminum hardpiping build on my own.
Everything fits fine!

Great stuff mate .......馃挭馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
It's also had extensive testing on road and track.
Only thing that worries me is that it doesn鈥檛 pick up the forced air to cool the DCT from the front, so maybe maybe the air picked up from the bottom of the car isn鈥檛 enough to cool it down to do more and more laps on track.
I track my cars on sunny spain and depending on the days temps I can only do 3 laps with the GTR so now that I am at it I want to buy an efficient one .
I know the alpha kit with the laminova is the best but it cost almost 5k . A bit too much for me for 馃槥

Vendor
I think without checking it has an air guide on it to force air into it and there must be some air flow created from the wheel going round.
I would suggest a call to them to gather technical data from there testing.

I did wonder if you could remove the heat exchanger and run oil cooling only to help water temps.?

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
I did wonder if you could remove the heat exchanger and run oil cooling only to help water temps.?
I did that to my STI and helped quite a bit but wouldn鈥檛 have the balls to do it the the GTR . 馃ぃ

Vendor
I don鈥檛 think there鈥檚 much to worry about it鈥檚 only a case of logging trans temps To see if it works out.

Registered
Everything fits fine!

Great work there, I am looking at doing this later in the year.
Do you have any more pictures of the cooler brackets and what did you use for the washer bottle

Cheers Andy

Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
Only found out yesterday at Kaizer when having a health check that I have one of these fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Only found out yesterday at Kaizer when having a health check that I have one of these fitted

Do you track your car? Most probably will buy the Litchfield one , not sure yet lol. Bought a Diff HKS kit the other day and within 24 hours I had it at my friends house in Spain. I have bought an oil cooler from Litchfield two weeks ago and is still sitting at the UPS wharehouse at Castle Donington, and that really puts me off.
I asked them if they could use DHL which is way better for international export and they said no , that UPS was very good . (Yeh right).

Registered
2013 Litchfield Stage 2 R35 GTR
I鈥檝e not had it a month yet but I will once I鈥檝e done a few necessary jobs. Brakes, bell housing etc...

For info I鈥檝e just done a motorway journey, the outside temp was 11 degrees & I had engine oil temps of 77 & gearbox temps of 87. I have no idea what that means yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts