GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the above be done on its own as it's the only part of the car that could be better it just doesn't downshift as quickly or smoothly as I'd like. I'm happy with power for the min and want to learn the car before I up power?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When you double pull lever to downshift with the update will it do this instantly ? As at the moment it takes a while if you want to down shift by more than 1 gear

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
If your in R mode it will shift a bit faster.

Everything it just a bit smoother and more refined. The jerkyness is gone.

Yet it can be done with out power upgrades

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R Mode the upshift speed is fine it's just down say from 4th to 2nd I thought 2 quick tugs and straight into 2nd but goes into 3rd then a delay into 2nd which I don't like

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also can this be done at kaizer motors? And is it the same as litchfield or is it litchfields own update or is it ecutek

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Sly has done the gear box update for me, first thing I did when I bought the car, other than the Y pipe. No Ecutek update needed, gear box software can be updated on its own :)

I assume the Litchfield/Ecutek update are the same thing, Ecuteks.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Correct, EcuTek is the tool to flash it, worth asking Iain if there is any customisation in the Litchfield version. Still appears to shift at the programmed rate with KB51BDA - Nissan GTR TCM 2011, not instantly as you wish so would be interesting to know if it can be changed.

Protegimus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts