GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just a quick note to say Mark and I will be attending the Japfest Show tomorrow at Castle Coombe and exhibiting on the Milltek stand. We will be taking our remote Credit Card facility and workshop diary so we can offer some special show deals and discounts on our Nissan GTR products and services :)

We will be showcasing the new 90mm Milltek GTR exhaust system which has been designed to provide enough flow for the high power cars we are building whilst still maintaining an acceptable noise level.

On display will be our 600bhp 2011 Nissan GTR Democar which is currently running the Milltek exhaust and Ecutek remap. Also on the stand will be Millteks Orange Nissan GTR with Titanium exhaust trims and is pushing out around 700bhp after a round of further upgrades. We will also bring one of our acclaimed Subaru Impreza Type-20 models similar to the car that was recently on the cover of Evo Magazine and last weeks Fifth Gear TV show :D

We will be available to talk about all things GTR during the day so please feel free to pop over for a chat in the comfort of Millteks hospitality suite.

The GTR we built for the Renault F1 boss and Evo Magazines "Tuned Car Of The Year" will be on display on Forge Motorsports stand :)

If you have not been before Castle Combe in Wiltshire is hosting Europe's biggest Japanese car show, Japfest 2011. It will be packed with many features and events. There's drifting (including passenger rides), track sessions, rolling road dyno-testing, Honda Racing BTCC cars, Suzuki Swift Rallycross Championship, Power and Style awards and various club and forum displays and much more...

We look forward to seeing you there :wavey:

Regards

Iain

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Can we take the cars for a blast around the track lol

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Is that a new style exhaust on the orange car? Looks different. How much is rear section...got non res y already?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Dave how is it !?

·
Registered
570 Posts
That orange GTR sure did shift. Fastest thing on he track by far in the two sessions I saw it go out.

Good service from Iain as usual, I have had the clicking wheel noise upon turning since my 2 year service. 'Drop in anytime and we'll fix it' from Iain is of course what you want to hear.

A good day, not sure how many of the punters had any cash to spent but I guess the traders make it pay someway!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
The orange GT-R is mine and thanks to Milltek and Iain Litchfield was fantastic all day.

As they say 'The proof of the pudding'..... well it's now running approx 700bhp with new turbos and it didn't miss a beat all day.
It was the only R-35 on track (I think) and was given the full workout, and everything worked perfectly.
It has a new map which can be changed on the fly - so you have a 'Road' mode and a 'Race' mode which you can change the boost level as you drive, which give you a good mpg on the motorways, and great levels of power on the track.

There are more mods to come, changed exhaust system from Milltek and a few upgrades from Litchfields and then we will get it on the rollers for figures, but needless to say, whatever the figures are, this car is f###ing awesome in every way, power you can use everywhere, not just in a straight 1/4 mile run, track or A roads are gobbled up...
If you want a special GT-R that you can use every day, in any condition, and show no visible differance from a standard GT-R this is what you need....

Thanks to Phil at Milltek, Iain at Litchfields, Pete and Chris at Forge, ECU Tec for the maps who have helped make this car the best car I have ever had... even if it's orange...

Rich.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Is that a new style exhaust on the orange car? Looks different. How much is rear section...got non res y already?
Hi Steve, the tips are new - Titanium ones - I think they look great as they are tapered from the inside pipe diameter and very easy to clean and keep clean.

Rich.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Is the exhaust change the 90mm system throughout? If so, how's the sound in terms of absolute volume on track and at idle, quality and drone, especially on motorways.

Sorry for the questions but I'm considering this as my first mod.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Wow Rich, you've got a fantastic, usable beast there!

So upgraded turbos on standard engine internals? What's the lag and response like compared to the original turbos?

Gone for a brake upgrade yet?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
saw this going round on the day.... that is one bloomin quick car! very impressive. needs to be louder though... you need a switch on the exhaust too mate. one for refinement, one for japfest haha.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Wow Rich, you've got a fantastic, usable beast there!

So upgraded turbos on standard engine internals? What's the lag and response like compared to the original turbos?

Gone for a brake upgrade yet?
No difference in lag - turbos come on line as before just stronger at the top end so no drop off.

Brakes are next.... :)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
saw this going round on the day.... that is one bloomin quick car! very impressive. needs to be louder though... you need a switch on the exhaust too mate. one for refinement, one for japfest haha.
Trouble with exhaust is different circuits, it's fine at Castle Combe but not at Donny... Go figure as they use the same db's...

Milltek working on an upgrade.... on display at the show.. Let you know what happens...

Rich.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Trouble with exhaust is different circuits, it's fine at Castle Combe but not at Donny... Go figure as they use the same db's...

Milltek working on an upgrade.... on display at the show.. Let you know what happens...

Rich.
Still running standard downpipes at the moment?
When are you taking it to the Ring?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Still running standard downpipes at the moment?
When are you taking it to the Ring?
Milltek 90mm downpipes - with silenced y pipe...

As soon as possible - I have just bought a GT3 Gen 2, so would like to take that as well but the way the GT-R is running and I'm so confident driving the wheels of it I would like to get a sub 8 mins before I hang up the gloves... :D:D:D

Rich.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Rich if you dnt mind me asking how much are the milltek downpipes and do they make much of a noise difference in the car with louder being better for me?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 39 Posts