GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what your first response will be... if your wanting fuel economy, don't buy a GT-R and definitely do not mod it! haha.

What MPG are you guys getting stage 1-4.

im running stage 2 at the moment on a 13MY and getting about 11 average and that's taking it easy half town half open A roads. does that seem really low? my 09MY got the same with stage 3 which has big air intakes?

standard my gtr was averaging about 19-20

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Nearest motorway to me is over an hour away, so most my driving is in and around town stop start, few episodes of "spirited driving" get mostly anything between 10-14mpg, running on stage 1.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Around town I can be 13-15mpg. On a mixed driving route around 17-18mpg and on a long motorway run with cruise, around 21-22mpg.

But it's all futile, how long you hold on to a gear, boost levels, throttle usage etc can all affect your MPG.

I just tend to put fuel in it when needed.

My advice: Don't look.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Around town I can be 13-15mpg. On a mixed driving route around 17-18mpg and on a long motorway run with cruise, around 21-22mpg.

But it's all futile, how long you hold on to a gear, boost levels, throttle usage etc can all affect your MPG.

I just tend to put fuel in it when needed.

My advice: Don't look.
Pretty much what I do, never been bothered about MPG (as op said, buying a GTR last thing on your worry list would be MPG, and if it was, don't buy one)

I simply drive, drive, drive, and whenever I pass a shell, fill up :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, the problem is, i did look, i looked for the first 9 days i had the 63 plate, i was like, holy cow, ive just got almost 300 miles to that tank! then i had a small, collision lets just say, with an ariel atom on the motorway and bent my exhaust slightly. so i stuck my miltek system on from my previous gtr and got a stage 2 map just to sort out the air fuel mix as i didn't want to lose my new found economy or have black exhaust tips.... problem is, it almost halfed my economy.

mpg is normally last thing on my mind but it was nice for a week or so

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTR and Atom collision on the motorway, not something you see everyday.
they were both mine also. well, me and my brother went halfers on the atom an hour before the "prang"

was dark, bucketing it down, my pal was driving my GT-R home, he slowed for standing water and before i knew what was happening i rear ended him at about 80mph. we both ended up facing backwards. I don't put it down to weather, i put it down to following to close for conditions and maybe fatigue/not paying enough attention. An expensive lesson to learn anyway.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Im around the 22-23mpg, with a mix of all sorts of driving.... fuel consumption got a fair bit better with the new ECUTek firmware and map. Running around stage 4...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i should mention my brother hadn't even seen the atom before i wrecked it haha. All rebuilt now with overnight parts from somerset

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im around the 22-23mpg, with a mix of all sorts of driving.... fuel consumption got a fair bit better with the new ECUTek firmware and map. Running around stage 4...

22-23 with stage 4! do the injectors improve economy? my focus RS economy got far worse with injectors

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
i should mention my brother hadn't even seen the atom before i wrecked it haha. All rebuilt now with overnight parts from somerset
and the 4 core intercooler?!?

22-23 with stage 4! do the injectors improve economy? my focus RS economy got far worse with injectors
no, the new ECUTek firmware and maps did. Started getting an extra 20-30 miles per tank

·
Registered
522 Posts
Something id diffinitely wrong if your fuel consumption almost halved. I went to stage 1 (ecutek version 3) and have noticed no difference at 18-20 mpg.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Something id diffinitely wrong if your fuel consumption almost halved. I went to stage 1 (ecutek version 3) and have noticed no difference at 18-20 mpg.
hmm, maybe i will give it another run out then and see and send the logs back to Iain. this is version 4 ecutek im running. stage 2 does have K&N drop in filters but i cant see that making a big difference :/

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
hmm, maybe i will give it another run out then and see and send the logs back to Iain. this is version 4 ecutek im running. stage 2 does have K&N drop in filters but i cant see that making a big difference :/
Im running the K&N drop-ins on my stage 4.25 car, so something is definitely wrong if you fuel consumption is half.... thats what I get on track :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im running the K&N drop-ins on my stage 4.25 car, so something is definitely wrong if you fuel consumption is half.... thats what I get on track :)
DOH.

I will take the car a long run at the weekend and speak to Iain, he seems a helpful chap

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Had a V12 jag once that was 8-9 per gallon think the GTR beats that by miles.

Bobby

1 - 20 of 34 Posts