GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked my MY09 in for stage 1 and gearbox upgrade having read all the threads and owners comments,Litchfield appear very professional and knowledgeable with a super new detailed website.v excited

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Good choice mate :thumbsup: I was very impressed with their service and still loving the upgrades :D

Just try and resist the new suspension upgrades...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yep just had that done to mine. Smooooth. No snapping off the lights. Oh and from crazy to stupid quick. lol

·
Registered
627 Posts
got mine done last week...the stage 1 is insane!!! i haven't tried the launch control yet. tbh don't know if i ever will but its good to know its there just incase:chuckle:

with regards to the gearbox software upgrade the car feels very composed, more like a proper auto. it changes gears smoothly and alot quicker than i remember and non of the kangaroo or mismatch gear selections i used to get at lights, roundabouts etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had stage 1 and gearbox software today with 30k service - car is much improved. Big thanks to Iain and the team, 1st class service as always.

Martin

·
Registered
154 Posts
Popped into Litchfield's on Friday just for a look at the Big Brake Kit and the TSW's, and left with a Stage 1 and Gearbox software. I only had the software as it wasn't booked in (for the Y-Pipe) and its still a major improvement, you wouldn't think another 70 BHP would make that much difference but it sure does - god knows what a stage 4 or 5 is like! The gearbox software is a real winner, a big, big improvement, worth every penny.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Power wise, it just seems to pull so much harder and the gear changes are smoother. Did 200 miles today and not once did I get caught out at low speeds from 2nd to 1st. Glad I decided not to spend £20k upgrading from an 09 to 11 plate.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Stage 1 is a superb upgrade, coupled with new gearbox software, had mine done in December and love it- if you're anything like me, I bet you'll be craving more power after driving it for a while though :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm also off to Litchfields on Saturday for the gearbox software along with a service and tweak...

Looking forward to experiencing the difference :cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
All sounds great fellas. I think ive deceided to keep my 10 car, instead of going for an 11 car, and will be going for a stage 2 and gearbox software. It sounds like these mods make all the difference, to an already very fast car ?. Keep the comments coming chaps, regards, SIMON.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Night and day difference....sets the beast free!

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Christ there is going to be a queue - March 10th for my gearbox software - can't wait.

I might have to look at Stage Four......I can't, I really can't.....

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
OP - good choice. Huge difference - you'll understand more the "too fast for the roads" comments better too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Has anyone had any bad experiences with the stage one? I've got the y pipe so it's a pretty cheap hp really. I'll probably go down this route just for the hell of it although I've only done 200 miles in it since I've had it and half of that was bringing it home.

I had my focus rs mountuned and it made a huge difference to the car so it sounds like this may be fun to do as well.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts