GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a stage one remap at litchfield soon as i have the Y pipe so it would be rude not to i guess...
Anyone had this?? Thoughts? It says 570bhp on the website, is this a bit optimistic for just a y pipe and a remap?

Any help, advice and input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Don't think anyone has tried modding the GT-R yet, plus Litchfield is a bit of a funny name for a tuning company - sounds dodgy to me.

If I were you I'd stick to a tried and tested outfit.

Not worth taking the risk.

Try searching to see who gets recommended. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sam, yes I have a stage one and it's night and day from standard fella. Not sure of actual bhp as I've never been on the rollers. However, I have run with stage 4's and mine is very strong with barely anything in it tbh. Think some on here have seen 580ish, so 570 isn't optimistic.

Others on here may be along to comment on what figures they have had but not many stay at stage 1, as that only tends to give them the power bug lol. Other than that have a little search mate, lots on here ; )

As for Litchfield, they are great as are a lot of indies on here. We're a lucky bunch really :clap:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sam, yes I have a stage one and it's night and day from standard fella. Not sure of actual bhp as I've never been on the rollers. However, I have run with stage 4's and mine is very strong with barely anything in it tbh. Think some on here have seen 580ish, so 570 isn't optimistic.

Others on here may be along to comment on what figures they have had but not many stay at stage 1, as that only tends to give them the power bug lol. Other than that have a little search mate, lots on here ; )

As for Litchfield, they are great as are a lot of indies on here. We're a lucky bunch really :clap:
Thanks mate, so its defo worth doing then? Im very tempted... 100bhp more for 600 quid... How can i say no!!:)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
A litchfield stage I was my first mod. Makes a big difference imo. People have seen near 590bhp with just a y-pipe so 570 not optimistic at all and to be honest its how it feels that is the thing that matters, not a pub talk number.

Hihgly recommend Litchfields as well. Top bunch and great service. You'll be in good hands.

My only advice would be if you're planning on modding further you might be best looking at getting a 90mm full exhaust as a mininmum to make the most of future mods. I got a y-pipe brand new @ £450 or something + mapping costs and then 6 months later ended up swapping it out for a full exhaust and selling the y-pipe at a loss of about £200 + more mapping costs again. With hindsight going straight to stage II would have made sense.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A litchfield stage I was my first mod. Makes a big difference imo. People have seen near 590bhp with just a y-pipe so 570 not optimistic at all and to be honest its how it feels that is the thing that matters, not a pub talk number.

Hihgly recommend Litchfields as well. Top bunch and great service. You'll be in good hands.

My only advice would be if you're planning on modding further you might be best looking at getting a 90mm full exhaust as a mininmum to make the most of future mods. I got a y-pipe brand new @ £450 or something + mapping costs and then 6 months later ended up swapping it out for a full exhaust and selling the y-pipe at a loss of about £200 + more mapping costs again. With hindsight going straight to stage II would have made sense.

O right so 570 is a very realistic number then.
The car came with the Y PIPE, and to be honest if just having a map on top of that can get me to 570+ ill be very happy :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
O right so 570 is a very realistic number then.
The car came with the Y PIPE, and to be honest if just having a map on top of that can get me to 570+ ill be very happy :)
I got told by Litchfield it's at least 570bhp and they low ball.

And, yes it makes one hell of a difference.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ive had cars at stages 1,2,3 and 4
you can see a difference in all of the different stages
stage 1 is probably the biggest gains for the least cash.well worth every penny
im looking to go to stage 5 next.this offers around 120bhp but costs around £6k on top
so stage 1 is a bargin

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
ive had cars at stages 1,2,3 and 4
you can see a difference in all of the different stages
stage 1 is probably the biggest gains for the least cash.well worth every penny
im looking to go to stage 5 next.this offers around 120bhp but costs around £6k on top
so stage 1 is a bargin
what about stage 4.5?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the stage1 Litchfield remap to replace the Nismo map my car had from new by the previous owner.

Definitely a big improvement, even though I already had a Miltek y-pipe.

The car now feels more than a match for my previous car which was a modified 996 turbo, even though it was a lot lighter!

Really is a no brainier, it knocked nearly a second off my 0-100mph time.

I have just upgraded to the Motorsport map & custom remote tune, I have data logged & am currently awaiting a revised map. Pops & bangs here we come....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts