GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Had my car in at litchfield's last weke for a stage 1 and gearbox update..totally transforms the car and it really comes alive now..! would recommend highly to anyone and Iain also warranties the upgrades..

In any case Litchfield's are at the final stages of putting their own warranty on the market very soon and they will cover their own mods:thumbsup:

For those who have had litchfield's tune their car, it comes with 2 maps a road/economy map and a race map..

Is the economy map lower power ie would it be say 550 instead of the 570?

Also do you keep it in race mode all the time and switch to economy when in traffic etc or the other way around ie economy and use race when you feel like a spirited drive?

many thanks

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I have Stage 1 as well, have a feeling next service it'll become Stage 2 and so on so forth :D

Regarding maps I guess it's just preference. For me personally when the car is cold I have it on eco map so to speak but it's irrelevant as I don't boost up till engine and transmission temps are up regardless.

I generally have the car in road map and then if I hit a B road or having a play switch it across, thats the beauty of it all being able to switch maps in under 3 seconds without having to even move your hand from the steering wheel it's just preference.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Guys,

How does the Stage 1 generally affect your insurance? Much of an uplift? Do any insurers decline to insure you afterwards?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I got a quote from CCI and it would of had no affect at all.

With SKY from memory it was approximately £100 difference for me to have full exhaust, remap declared and cover up to 700bhp so not a massive difference, 27p a day extra insurance for all the extra smiles.

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
I rang sky following the forum blog last month and three weeks later they still haven't called me back. I went with CCI in the end, no issue with the mods.

Admiral are pretty good with them too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hmm, somehow I ended up with Elephant. I've emailed them to ask for a quote. Also keen to see what Litchfield announce their warranty at. Am I right in thinking they're waiting for Nissan to formally announce their pricing? i.e. who blinks first?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Completely agree with you about transforming the car :thumbsup:

I usually leave it in full boost mode all the time. I never give it full beans until all the temps are up so thats not a problem and on a long cruise i find if you're gentle with the loud pedal then that keeps the boost down anyway and if you do need to overtake something you've still got the response and power to do so.

As for insurance it made next to no difference when i informed them (admiral multicar) although i'm thinking of trying CCI in the future when the mods get more substantial.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
so is fuel economy improved even on race map over standard?

Don't know if I'm right in saying this but is fuel economy improved over stock because boost is increased? If so why doesn't the race map which has higher boost have better economy?

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
More boost, if it makes more power means more air. More air means more fuel so worse fuel economy than less boost when the cr is running the correct fuelling.

The reason the standard boost remap is better on fuel is because in standard form the car over fuels horrendously.

Keep the boost the same and you will see more power and better fuel economy by playing with the ignition timing, fuelling and possibly valve timing.

From that improved point, more boost/power means more fuel, so economy gets worse.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got a quote from CCI and it would of had no affect at all.

With SKY from memory it was approximately £100 difference for me to have full exhaust, remap declared and cover up to 700bhp so not a massive difference, 27p a day extra insurance for all the extra smiles.
I rang Admiral to tell them I was putting on new exhaust and increasing power by 11-25% (via stage 4 upgrade). £26 for exhaust and £55 for power increase. So not too bad.

One thing to be wary of is the fact that Admiral will not actually cover the cost of any mods - so if my shiny new Akrapovic exhaust gets damaged for what ever reason it ain't insured!

Not sure about Sky or CCI - does anyone know if they cover the mods themselves??

Note - Thread hi-jack!- will pose the same question in the insurance section.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Not sure about Sky or CCI - does anyone know if they cover the mods themselves??
Yes declared modifications are covered like for like. Part of why I was swayed towards these 2.

Admiral, Bell and Elephant were all cheaper but didn't so paid a little more for that reason with the others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts