GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the stage 1 done last week at Litchfields, thought it was fast as standard but FFS it's crazy fast now, what a difference, feel sorry for the tyres now. ((-:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Just had the stage 1 done last week at Litchfields, thought it was fast as standard but FFS it's crazy fast now, what a difference, feel sorry for the tyres now. ((-:
Do you know which boost you are running now?
You have full exhaust or just Y pipe?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am really becoming confused because I have COBB, full exhaust though, and K&N filter panels and my injectors were being maxed at even 15 psi (IDC 98-99%)...
I am running 14 psi boost now (custom map) and my IDC is 96% which is acceptable...
Are you running much leaner AFR or my OEM injectors are faulty?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had mine done a few months back and it does make quite a difference. What tyres are you running? Im on the oversize mpss and struggle for traction in 2nd gear in the dry! I have to keep the tc in R mode now or it keeps cutting in and killing the power.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am really becoming confused because I have COBB, full exhaust though, and K&N filter panels and my injectors were being maxed at even 15 psi (IDC 98-99%)...
I am running 14 psi boost now (custom map) and my IDC is 96% which is acceptable...
Are you running much leaner AFR or my OEM injectors are faulty?
No issues with injectors, runs great at 1.1 bar.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had mine done a few months back and it does make quite a difference. What tyres are you running? Im on the oversize mpss and struggle for traction in 2nd gear in the dry! I have to keep the tc in R mode now or it keeps cutting in and killing the power.
I'm on the over size MPSS .

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Graham, you should have had injectors and downpipes and mapped at 1.3bar, that will bring a smile to your face.
When you see the Mostly Autumn crowd let them know I will be at The Stables for the MK gig in December. If Bryan gets up to MK in the afternoon and wants to go out for a go in the GTR drop me a PM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a milltek race plus exhaust with Y pipe and stage 2 installed from litchfields. I don't overly understand the different maps as I have to change what octane of fuel I'm running within the coolant data.

For example: if I ran on 95 does that mean I'm on standard boost? And 99 max boost? Or am I just running max boost all the time??

I previously had stage 1 and had the ability to increase/decrease the boost, never had to change octane.

Cheers
Jonny

·
Registered
522 Posts
You can run whatever boost on whatever fuel map. It just takes into account the fuel octane so it will run safely.Obviously there will be a loss of power the lower the octane.
The old stage 1 only let you adjust the boost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can run whatever boost on whatever fuel map. It just takes into account the fuel octane so it will run safely.Obviously there will be a loss of power the lower the octane.
Okay, so how do I set the boost per map? I wonder what litchfields set them as ?! :S

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Graham, you should have had injectors and downpipes and mapped at 1.3bar, that will bring a smile to your face.
When you see the Mostly Autumn crowd let them know I will be at The Stables for the MK gig in December. If Bryan gets up to MK in the afternoon and wants to go out for a go in the GTR drop me a PM.
Hi Barry
It's silly fast now, poor tyres struggle for grip as it is, will tell Bryan your at MK and will let u know what he says, get Livvy over the bonnet for a photo or two:smokin:
Graham

1 - 20 of 40 Posts