GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

I recently got Litchfield stage 4 with downpipes fitted, very impressive!

However when the car is warmed up and in neutral it feels like the engine is going to stall and a small knocking noise from under the car comes and goes. When I took it back to them they said the would change the idle revs as it was just the anti stall kicking in, this helped a little however after a few months every time im in neutral I can hear the anti stall knocking and it disappears when I put it in gear.
Has anyone else had this problem, is it normal with a highly tuned car? could it be running too low revs at idle (800rpm) the car runs perfect apart from that.

ps I had the circlips and uprated bellhousing done too.

Thanks

Jamie

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Jamie,

If the car has got worse over the last few months give us a call and we can talk you through some of the likely causes. It's usually something simple like a split hose or dirty sensor. If you don't already have a ProECU cable we can lend you one which we can use to do some remote diagnostics and updates.

I'm mapping a few cars today so if you don't get me on the office number give my mobile a try and I'll call you back.

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem Iain

Im currently working in Nigeria for a few weeks, I will contact you before I return for the cable or if I have time I could come to you if that's easier.

regards

Jamie

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ian

I am needing 4 new tires and was going to come to you guys, that would also give you a chance to look at the anti stall noise. i will be in manchester soon for 3/4 days so we could maybe work something out?

my email is [email protected] if one of your team wants to contact me to arrange a booking.

cheers
Jamie

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
You'd be far better contacting them directly. They may not monitor this thread?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've been trying to get through to them, i know they are always busy, so just used this as an extra chance to get in touch with Ian.

Cheers

Jamie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts